Builds 1993 PZJ77 - The Evolution Continues (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good information regarding the seat brackets/rails. The OEM LX trim seats do suck for long trips. Found that out when I drove my PZJ70 from California to Texas.. It looks like you have the same ones.

The ZX trim 77 series seats seem to be a little better.

Installing a new speedo cable...

117517BB-CCAD-4F9E-A6D1-DB24976FC5B2.jpeg
70FDA033-CA00-47EF-ABF9-1ABF0F840F11.jpeg
176BA8C6-8451-4FBA-A6D9-E864A6D6552F.jpeg

This is much more difficult on a RHD vs a LHD.

Cheers

Good information regarding the seat brackets/rails. The OEM LX trim seats do suck for long trips. Found that out when I drove my PZJ70 from California to Texas.. It looks like you have the same ones.

The ZX trim 77 series seats seem to be a little better.
Concur. If I had the higher trim seats I might have considered keeping them.

Few more things came up and have been ordered.

The rear brakes look pretty good but there is some uneven wear on the pads. So I had the drums turned and John got me some shoes from @cruiseroutfit.

I decided to order a fan clutch to finish off the cooling system. Everything else in the cooling system has been dealt with so I figured why not!? On top of that, it is really important to me the trip goes smoothly for John with no issues.

We will be finishing off the engine work with some new belts and a new lower rad hose.

Rear diff elocker will be done tomorrow if all goes well and we will slap the rear axle back together.

Tested voltage for new head unit post converter, all is well and I am ready to install the new head unit.

Scheduled to have exhaust and muffler reworked on the 16th.

Tuesday or Wednesday this week my next load of OEM parts will be here and the tcase leak will get fixed after that.

Not a lot else other than some goodies still to go in like the seats.

C568CF08-428B-4C4A-84DF-B2914D13BD87.jpeg

Cheers

John has some other bling in route to me, I will let him share that. ;)

These Trucklight LEDS went in though to replace the old and tired Hella H4’s that were in it.

7F9D53D8-BC18-4E20-B677-2CE7EB6DC944.jpeg
137829F0-A664-4802-A9ED-611EE64D35C3.jpeg

Got this going in the back. Going to have to install a power port for it in the cargo area. No worries, that’s pretty quick and easy!

38FAD3C8-1F76-4D35-9B0C-E009A64AAAD1.jpeg

I expect by end of this coming week the truck is back on wheels (new), running and ready for some testing.

Cheers

There is a good option to penetrate the cab right in front of the rear bench. I ran 2 6AWG cables straight down and back to there (for size relation).

676C16CA-2350-41E1-8B8C-E8F4BC998CC2.jpeg

DD077DDC-41E3-4521-8C1B-2BEFA4F2355F.jpeg

320CC3CB-6DF2-45AE-B5C2-B191B07D2D0C.jpeg

I’ve got a switched power fuse block power from power outlet in the engine bay that is used to run all my relays on cabin electronics.

0BC6DEE5-9DA3-4D43-81C9-9AF05EC31A14.jpeg

There is a good option to penetrate the cab right in front of the rear bench. I ran 2 6AWG cables straight down and back to there (for size relation).

View attachment 2078175

View attachment 2078174

View attachment 2078176

I’ve got a switched power fuse block power from power outlet in the engine bay that is used to run all my relays on cabin electronics.

View attachment 2078177

We are not installing a battery in the back of the truck. I just need power in the back for the fridge and maybe another item. I generally run 10 or 12g for that, 12g is 20amp wire so more than enough. Power ports can be grounded where they are installed.

I got some spare power ports around, I just need to verify if they will work with 24v.

E-locker is done, pics to come soon!

Cheers

We are not installing a battery in the back of the truck. I just need power in the back for the fridge and maybe another item. I generally run 10 or 12g for that, 12g is 20amp wire so more than enough. Power ports can be grounded where they are installed.

I got some spare power ports around, I just need to verify if they will work with 24v.

E-locker is done, pics to come soon!

Cheers

I figured no battery, just mentioning the cable size to get an idea of how big the drain port is I used. There aren’t many pass throughs in the trunk. Just the tool box which isn’t ideal (unless you’re putting stuff in it)

The truck seems to be coming along very nicely. The SCS wheels should be delivered on Thursday and we are going to run 255/85/16 Cooper ST Maxx tires. I also have some LED lights arriving this week, along with a pair of new Odyssey batteries. This 77 series really should not have any problems making it across the country to Tennessee.

Well....turns out that 60 series mounts are not going to work either. @SNLC is going to work off the original set of brackets and just modify them so they will work. Slight setback but such is life sometimes.

Rebuilt 3rd member is back in the truck with the Harrop elocker fitted. Rear outer axle all done, new shoes and turned drums.

FA6C68FA-FCA1-4EB6-BCB2-965E5E598408.jpeg

5DE349F7-2632-4B4D-8FF0-CB0A43486D9D.jpeg

9EDEB711-CFA0-4BF7-94B5-E99FFE091034.jpeg

B1B46488-1D71-4874-B186-F3A817698DE4.jpeg

Rock n’ roll! :)

Cheers

Last edited:
This is meant to be an informative post for as many of you 70-series owners who read it and buy parts overseas for your truck.

I have bought tens of thousands of dollars in parts overseas, mostly OEM Toyota parts. Now that @Onur is no longer selling parts Partsouq gets 90-95% of my business. Some months I may buy $1000 in OEM parts, others I may buy $10,000. I have shipped DHL almost exclusively this year because I have already had a number of very painful shipping issues with FedEx in the past.

Last week, I think it was Thursday, I ordered up a bunch of parts for Johns build, all from Partsouq. It was actually two orders and two boxes, ordered the same day. DHL on one order was going to be $125 more than FedEx. I hesitated and I grumbled to myself and went with FedEx. The other box I shipped DHL.

The DHL box arrived today. The FedEx is held up in customs and it is not due to customs it is due to FedEx. I swear this happens to me nearly every time I ship FedEx. They want composition on every single item in the order, is the part copper, brass, pot metal, steel, lead, iron, plastic, ect ect ect. FedEx is not capable of handling this themselves so they always and I mean always put it on me. Its not just 5 or 6 parts, it is a three page invoice.

While some of you may not have these issues, be warned(!), FedEx is simply the worst shipping company worldwide to deal with. They have literally returned pallets that came from Australia without even contacting me before sending it back. This is the very last time I use FedEx for anything. Had I just paid DHL the extra $125 in shipping, I would have the parts in hand. Now it could be a week or even more before I see these parts. FedEx has done that to me before too, I knew better. My apologies John.

:(

Cheers

This is meant to be an informative post for as many of you 70-series owners who read it and buy parts overseas for your truck.

I have bought tens of thousands of dollars in parts overseas, mostly OEM Toyota parts. Now that @Onur is no longer selling parts Partsouq gets 90-95% of my business. Some months I may buy $1000 in OEM parts, others I may buy $10,000. I have shipped DHL almost exclusively this year because I have already had a number of very painful shipping issues with FedEx in the past.

Last week, I think it was Thursday, I ordered up a bunch of parts for Johns build, all from Partsouq. It was actually two orders and two boxes, ordered the same day. DHL on one order was going to be $125 more than FedEx. I hesitated and I grumbled to myself and went with FedEx. The other box I shipped DHL.

The DHL box arrived today. The FedEx is held up in customs and it is not due to customs it is due to FedEx. I swear this happens to me nearly every time I ship FedEx. They want composition on every single item in the order, is the part copper, brass, pot metal, steel, lead, iron, plastic, ect ect ect. FedEx is not capable of handling this themselves so they always and I mean always put it on me. Its not just 5 or 6 parts, it is a three page invoice.

While some of you may not have these issues, be warned(!), FedEx is simply the worst shipping company worldwide to deal with. They have literally returned pallets that came from Australia without even contacting me before sending it back. This is the very last time I use FedEx for anything. Had I just paid DHL the extra $125 in shipping, I would have the parts in hand. Now it could be a week or even more before I see these parts. FedEx has done that to me before too, I knew better. My apologies John.

:(

Cheers

I've been on a buying rampage for the last 6 months......mostly Partsouq, always Fedex. 20 years of shipping with FedEx and very few issues. The last 3 shipments from Partsouq were big ones with lots of small stuff....they have all been held up in customs. I got a call from Fedex and the guy said we had to go thru 3 pages of parts ....same thing....what is it made of, what is it for, etc., etc. It was hard to believe and I told him that....he seemed to imply it was Partsouq's fault for not doing the paperwork right. I've heard that this has changed with stuff coming from Canada too....WAY more involved about every part, where it came from, what it is made from, etc. Something is going on.

The Scheel-Manns we just ordered.....UPS.....they all got held up in customs. One for a day, 2 for 4 days. Go figure. All shipped at the same time, from the same place, to the same place. Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom