1993 LC front end rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
I am up for a front end suspension/steering rebuild on '93 LC FJ80. It's got about 253K miles.
A mechanic from a generic tire and wheel place inspected it a couple years ago, indicated sway bar, bushings, links, control arm, front shocks, struts, other bushings all needed urgent work or replacement. And alignment after work is done. I am looking to see how much is reasonable cost range in today's prices for this work at a Toyota speciality shop.
I will continue to research here, but most discussion was prior to pandemic so prices on parts and labor is going to be higher now.
Any recommendations in the Las Vegas, NV area greatly appreciated.
Thanks much

Can you take a look at it and see what the current state is?

Most of this stuff is easy to get a good idea looking at it, bouncing for checking shocks, and pulling/prying to see wear.

Do you know if the wheel bearings are tight enough?

Hi All,
I am up for a front end suspension/steering rebuild on '93 LC FJ80. It's got about 253K miles.
A mechanic from a generic tire and wheel place inspected it a couple years ago, indicated sway bar, bushings, links, control arm, front shocks, struts, other bushings all needed urgent work or replacement. And alignment after work is done. I am looking to see how much is reasonable cost range in today's prices for this work at a Toyota speciality shop.
I will continue to research here, but most discussion was prior to pandemic so prices on parts and labor is going to be higher now.
Thanks much
Front end parts are $600.
It takes about 12 hours to rebuild the front axle.
Bushings are about $600.
Labor to replace all bushings is about 8 hours.

So, with retail cost of parts,
$1300 parts
12 hours at $165/hr=$1980
$1300 parts
8 hours at $165/hr=$1320
$5900x1.2 Las Vegas fee=$7080
Other stuff you didn't plan on:. $2000
So, $9080.

There you go. Knock yourself out.

Front end parts are $600.
It takes about 12 hours to rebuild the front axle.
Bushings are about $600.
Labor to replace all bushings is about 8 hours.

So, with retail cost of parts,
$1300 parts
12 hours at $165/hr=$1980
$1300 parts
8 hours at $165/hr=$1320
$5900x1.2 Las Vegas fee=$7080
Other stuff you didn't plan on:. $2000
So, $9080.

There you go. Knock yourself out.
Is the x1.2 Las Vegas fee like a resort fee or hidden drink concession fee?!😂 Haha that's hilarious....but :bang: Wonder if the auto shops will charge for parking soon.:rofl:

Is the x1.2 Las Vegas fee like a resort fee or hidden drink concession fee?!😂 Haha that's hilarious....but :bang: Wonder if the auto shops will charge for parking soon.:rofl:
That's the increase over Midwest prices. I figure everything costs more there....and lights.

Hi All,
Thanks much
One of the things that drives the purchase of an 80 for alot of folk is the "field replaceable" nature of its design - things and processes you can perform in your driveway.

Guessing your rig is stock and sounds like you're looking to refresh the drive line rubbers and suspension.
Then an alignment.
Recommend a shop that specializes in repair of Japanese/Korean makes. Regardless of the charge, they can perform the necessary work to adequate standards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom