1993 Land Cruiser Pickup! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought a unicorn! I've only seen pictures of these. Now I have a 40, 75, and an 80. Somehow I am still married :). Hoping to make it to the next monthly meeting to show you all. I believe this is the nicest OEM example in the country. Left hand drive, 35,000 original miles. Air conditioning, power steering. It's a beast! Let me know what you all think!

IMG_0015.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

Last edited:
What is the story with the rear axle?

I thought the same thing. A guy on the 70 tech forum said he could tell it came out of Venezuela by the rear axle. I'm learning as I go on this one! It's hard to find info on what came out of that plant.

Check out what they had to start with. Amazing. One original owner.

IMG_4967.JPG
IMG_4965.JPG

Also - My Thread:

I thought the same thing. A guy on the 70 tech forum said he could tell it came out of Venezuela by the rear axle. I'm learning as I go on this one! It's hard to find info on what came out of that plant.
Makes sense. Following your thread now over in the 70 section. Cool rig for sure.

What is the story with the rear axle?

Not sure what so different about the rear axle? Doesn't look that different than the other semi floating axles that have a rear excess to get at the C clips holding the inner axles in. By this time Toyota was makimg different levels of the 70 series. X
From what I find the FZJ75 was using a aluminum housing transmission while the HZJ75 still uses the cast iron H55F.

The VIN plaque under the hood should have a complete model number and plant it was produced at. From that should be able to figure most everything out.

The 94 FZJ75 troopy linked in San Diego has a different rear axle but is is also a full floater verses a semi floater. Still probably a locally installed part. I know Columbia all the hard tops on the 40 series were locally produce. Brazil most the vehicle was locally produced. Venezuela may have some locally made parts requirement.

Not sure what so different about the rear axle? Doesn't look that different than the other semi floating axles that have a rear excess to get at the C clips holding the inner axles in. By this time Toyota was makimg different levels of the 70 series. X
From what I find the FZJ75 was using a aluminum housing transmission while the HZJ75 still uses the cast iron H55F.

The VIN plaque under the hood should have a complete model number and plant it was produced at. From that should be able to figure most everything out.

Easier said than done. It's a 12 digit VIN, as opposed to 17 digits we normally see. Found a great site thanks to mud:
www.toyodiy.com

Vehicle characteristics
GRADE: STD: STANDARD TYPE
DESTINATION: GEN: FOR GENERAL COUNTRIES (EXCEPT FOR GCC, ARL, SA)
BODY: PIC: PICKUP
DRIVER'S POSITION: LHD: LEFT-HAND DRIVE
ENGINE: 1FZF: 4500CC
FUEL SYSTEM: CBR: CARBURETOR (GASOLINE)
TRANSMISSION: MTM: MANUAL TRANSMISSION
GEAR SHIFT TYPE: 5F: MTM, 5-SPEED FLOOR SHIFT
BUILDING CONDITION: IV: INCOMPLETE VEHICLES (CHASSIS & CAB)

I am not versed in 70 series at all but the rear axle housing appears to be non Toyota given what I've seen always in nearly every other series of LC so that caught my eye. Looks more like a Dana or AAM housing and center.

Easier said than done. It's a 12 digit VIN, as opposed to 17 digits we normally see. Found a great site thanks to mud:
www.toyodiy.com

Vehicle characteristics
GRADE: STD: STANDARD TYPE
DESTINATION: GEN: FOR GENERAL COUNTRIES (EXCEPT FOR GCC, ARL, SA)
BODY: PIC: PICKUP
DRIVER'S POSITION: LHD: LEFT-HAND DRIVE
ENGINE: 1FZF: 4500CC
FUEL SYSTEM: CBR: CARBURETOR (GASOLINE)
TRANSMISSION: MTM: MANUAL TRANSMISSION
GEAR SHIFT TYPE: 5F: MTM, 5-SPEED FLOOR SHIFT
BUILDING CONDITION: IV: INCOMPLETE VEHICLES (CHASSIS & CAB)

I had asked for the model number on what is refered to as the VIN plaque. The seventeen digit is a US thing required by DOT starting in 1980. Guessing you model is FZJ75LP-MRU3? I show a axle change 5/93 but nothing special about Venezuela market.

I had asked for the model number on what is refered to as the VIN plaque. The seventeen digit is a US thing required by DOT starting in 1980. Guessing you model is FZJ75LP-MRU3? I show a axle change 5/93 but nothing special about Venezuela market.

You are correct on the model. Are you using a web site for this info or are you just that good? :steer::p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom