1993 Land Cruiser, first purchase! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice ride, I also got a 93, same color, stock, last month (CA). Found alot of useful tips on this thread. Did some basic maintenance and right now dealing with a failed smog test and trying to get an insurance co. To insure the vehicle for more than the $3500 they claim it's worth without having to go full coverage which they quoted me at $100/month and then fighting them later on about the true value of the vehicle.

All has been well for a few days, however this morning I got in the truck and rolled the windows down (front windows that I replaced the motors in) and it seems that the glass has slipped out of the metal and rubber clamp. Or, I’m not sure how to describe it.

The window sits inside a rubber U shaped piece that sits inside a metal U shaped piece that sort of clamps the glass.
That then bolts to the top portion of the door motor assembly.
CD31EF8B-F074-4E15-A3FB-79EAF94CABD6.png
Going to take apart tonight and put back together, but not sure if something is wrong for it to slip back out in only a week or so.

That photo is what I’m talking about, mine aren’t rusted but the driver side rubber is in bad shape. Not sure if that’s the culprit or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom