1993 HZJ Fuel Tank Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi there,
I have a 1993 HZJ75, one of those Japanese Firetrucks, and I need a new fuel tank, since when they did the fire truck conversion, they relocated the original tank to install a PTO pump.
Does anyone have advice on where to source one and how difficult was the install?

Thank you!

Guido

Truckload.jpg

Hi there,
I have a 1993 HZJ75, one of those Japanese Firetrucks, and I need a new fuel tank, since when they did the fire truck conversion, they relocated the original tank to install a PTO pump.
Does anyone have advice on where to source one and how difficult was the install?

Thank you!

Guido

View attachment 2827106

I had to source a replacement fuel tank for my '94 HZJ73. I ordered from here: https://www.euro4x4parts.com/en/parts/ref=IRS1092/fuel-tank/oe=77100-60917
Had no issues once I was put in touch with an english speaking representative. It's not obvious from the website, but I think they help coordinate distribution from various regions. The tank I ordered ended up shipping from Dubai even though the rep I worked with was a Brit located in France. The tank shipped quickly via DHL. Hope that helps!

Hi there,

Thank you!

Guido

You dont mention where the tank is now or how much room you have. IMO, you are better off throwing all the fire truck gear in the scrap bin and getting the fuel tanks back to their OEM position.
Normally a 75 series has a tank under the drivers seat and slightly behind on a RHD and another behind the rear axle, but if these positions are taken by the pump and PTO etc, then you will need keep the tank where it is (unless you remove the firefighting equipment)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom