SOLD 1993 HDJ81 Annapolis, MD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For Sale in Maryland - 1993 HDJ81 ($20,000 or $23,000) $23,000 with SCS wheels and general tires shown. $20,000 with original 5 star wheels and older tires.

VX Limited just imported from Japan with a clear Maryland title. In the three weeks since it's been here it's had an inspection, a baseline and the following maintenance items done by a Toyota Master Tech:

Oil change, transmission fluid flush, coolant flush, front & rear diff and transfer case fluids changed, rebuilt front Birfield joints, front axle seals replaced, new hood and rear hatch struts, brake fluid flush, new air filter and new wipers. Can provide all paperwork to support the work was done by a professional.

Also had new Kenwood Apple car play head unit with Bluetooth installed and 4 new speakers.
Added 5 brand new SCS F5 wheels with 285/70 17 E load General Grabber X3's.
Everything on the truck works including all power functions (windows, antenna, mirrors, sunroof) and the center console cooler, even has the factory ice cube maker/trays. Haven't tried to make ice yet, but did test the cooler and it functions. It is NOT triple locked.

Truck has 197,265 km on it today, but I will drive it almost daily so that will go up. That's about 123,000 miles. Looks like the timing belt was replaced at 181,027 km in Sept 2016.

Price is $20,000 if you want me to keep the new wheels/tires and put the original wheels and tires back on.
happy to answer any questions and I have many more pictures if interested, including videos

IMG_2122.JPG

IMG_2126.JPG

IMG_2140.JPG

IMG_2152.JPG

IMG_2167.JPG

Last edited:
A few more pictures

IMG_2161.JPG

IMG_2174.JPG

IMG_2149.JPG

IMG_2157.JPG

timing belt.jpg

Why are you selling it?
I’ll try to give the cliff notes. Went to a guy I knew who imports them, and he challenged me that I couldn’t do what I thought could be done, so I went and tried the direct import route myself. I like cool trucks/cars, so I thought it might be fun to bring in 2-3 a year, drive each for a few months as my daily, then let someone else have them. I like the hunt part of it, finding unique rides, in good condition, and the competitor in me couldn’t let him be right🤣. This was the first one, and already have 2 KZJ78s at port in Japan waiting to come over.

Do you know if the BEB have been replaced?
I don't, but happy to have it put up on a lift with my mechanic if it's important.

Is that a fresh respray of the paint? Was it done in Japan?
Pretty sure it’s original paint, but guessing it was garaged. There are blemishes, but minor given it’s 27 years old. If you know the auction ratings in Japan, it was a 3.5 B

6645F5AE-4124-4911-91C1-30FF53EC8CFE.jpeg
For my own piece of mind, as well as that of a potential buyer, had a compression test done. Attached find the results and receipt

that looks like very nice rig.

Yep, feel I really lucked out with the overall condition of this truck for my first direct import. I would easily have kept it, except that would have been a difficult conversation with the wife when my other two showed up in April🤣

Yeah rust can be hit or miss with JDM imports, first one I looked at was amazingly clean, super low mileage and I believed it because of the condition but the underside was incredibly rusty. For sure a good pick up, I think the compression test was also a smart move for you that makes for a big incentive as a buyer.

As a non wrench head, I took some great advice and direction from @TheDeliverator , and compression testing was just one of those gems, thanks E!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom