Builds Ryans 3 linked FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Full EGR delete.. thanks wits end

64424CE6-F03E-4E85-B25C-57CD9908B668.jpeg

5D85C2AE-933C-48E5-9B9F-50BCC3DFB16C.jpeg

Just need brake lines and fluids then flip it around and put my radflo shocks on the rear and she’s done for now

730324FC-AFFB-4876-82F6-5D78B25DDEBB.jpeg

Using that key chain to block off the EGR was very innovative. ;)

Looks amazing, as usual. I expect to see you fill up this build thread with pics of you driving over Prius's and Tesla's from here on out!

Using that key chain to block off the EGR was very innovative. ;)

Looks amazing, as usual. I expect to see you fill up this build thread with pics of you driving over Prius's and Tesla's from here on out!

Thank you!

As a museum curator I find myself disturbed that someone would cut up a nice original 80 Series example in order to create something the vehicle was never intended to be. The 80, in it's original state, is the most all-use-capable motor vehicle ever offered by ANY manufacturer.

I really struggle with seeing this vehicle being "fixed" when it is far from being broken.

One man's opinion of course.....:)

What was that Dan?

4D8D17F2-D176-477C-A396-77B940F797F6.png

Lengthened 1.5” over stock with a DC joint. I will still be converting my truck to part time In the future. Most guys only do one or the other but I want to do both. The reason I chose not to just do part time is the fact that if I ever drive it on the road in the snow I didn’t want vibrations when in 4x4. And even though I won’t have any problems now with the dc shaft when you’re part time there is less wear and tear on everything on the front end. So win win

6935571C-DA50-44D6-A06A-13A074DEA84C.jpeg

I enjoyed your build thread so far! How have you liked the 3-link kit, now that you've had it a few months? Also, how much more work do you think it would have been to go 40" tires instead of 37"? Also, what did you do for the rear suspension?

I enjoyed your build thread so far! How have you liked the 3-link kit, now that you've had it a few months? Also, how much more work do you think it would have been to go 40" tires instead of 37"? Also, what did you do for the rear suspension?

I love it! No complaints at all! It’s is very streetable!! If I want to go 40s it will just require more trimming of the fenders. Mine are barely cut right now. In the rear I just have a 3” OME setup. I will probably cut it all of and go leaf springs.

Personally I though the 3 link improved my rigs comfort over the road. It soaks up bumps way more easily.

It is more noticeable when running over rougher than average dirt roads / mild trails at speed. My friend in his 80 behind me even commented on how much my front axle was moving compared to his radius arm setup.

Haven’t done much to it, other financial obligations have gotten in the way. I did remove the paper clip ps cooler and put on a PSC one.

D05CD56B-7BFE-4237-BDBD-8DDFE374EDFB.jpeg

Haven’t done much to the cruiser just been enjoying it mainly, other than breaking down in the middle of no where in central Nevada. Next week I’ll be putting a new exhaust on and tucking it inside the frame rail, and putting sliders on.

7C1BB7D9-94FA-47B0-8B9B-90CA7B096D87.jpeg

D2B09CE0-6263-4DF6-B41F-C7BCF2871FB7.jpeg

5E3FFFFC-CCD5-4779-BB13-D0FA11786E14.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom