1993 FZJ80 tire questions.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at getting some new tires for the 1993 Landcruiser and cannot decide between a P metric type All Terrain tire or a LT E rated tire.. In AZ, lots of highway driving and when offroad, very rocky 2 tracks leading to my hunting areas... (90% highway, 10% rocky dirt roads) Was considering the newer Continental TerrainContat AT tire but feel the LT tires would be overkill and or too heavy?
16x8 rims and looking at the 265/75/16 sizes...

Any input? Not sure what to do..

I had a set of original Michelin LTXs on my 93 when I bought it that were cracking and wore out. I replaced them with a set of 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer AT3's which have been a fantastic all around tire. I use my FZJ80 for 4x4 Search and Rescue mainly on forest service roads but I also have traveled about 30k highway miles in the Pacific NW the last 2+ years and couldn't be happier with their performance in all weather. The other great thing is they are currently only $160 per tire at Discount Tire! :beer: I will probably replace the AT3's in 25k miles or so with the newer AT3 XLT's. I personally don't feel that the 1FZ-FE engine is going to notice an extra 10lbs of weight on LT tires when it is already pushing around 5,000 pounds. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom