1993 fzj80 power antenna delete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've searched unsuccessfully to find a thread for removing the antenna from a 93. Everything is out but I can't seem to get the coax off the power antenna. How do you get this sucker out? I don't want to cut the antenna cable if I don't have to.

Any help is appreciated.

I just checked my factory service manual for you, the only thing they cover on repairs to the antenna are how to replace the antenna mast rod. Nothing at all on how to remove or install the motor or the coax cable. Sometimes the Toyota factory service manual is severely lacking. When i use to work on GM cars they not only had a engine, chassis and electrical manuals they all so had a whole manual just for the body, called the Fisher body book. It seems we could use a body book too for our trucks, to cover a lot of the info that's missing from the factory Toyota engine and chassis manual. I tried to look up the routing for the rear windshield washer hose on my truck, there was nothing at all in my service manual about the routing of that hose. So i am starting to think there may be another manual for our trucks that we don't know about.

I'm going to use the WagonGear bracket to replace the factory antenna with a CB antenna.

I believe I've read the antenna wire is fixed at the mast end, and only has a removable connector at the radio side. It was suggested to tie a string to the antenna wire inside the dash, so that when you pull the antenna out, you'll have a string to pull you new antenna wire (CB co-ax) back through the same routing.

I believe I've read the antenna wire is fixed at the mast end, and only has a removable connector at the radio side. It was suggested to tie a string to the antenna wire inside the dash, so that when you pull the antenna out, you'll have a string to pull you new antenna wire (CB co-ax) back through the same routing.

Exactly right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom