1993 Exhaust issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, I apologize ahead of time if this has already been covered before. Is it possible to install a 95 and up exhaust system (headers back) on a 93? I'm having the hardest time finding down pipes for a 93 and wanted to know if any such conversion has been attempted. I have tried a few local shops that have sent me away due to difficulties of finding parts. I am in talks with a fellow member that might have what I need, I'm just searching out other options. Any advice would be helpful.

If your downpipe is toast I think your best bet is to get the 95+ downpipe and build the exhaust from there. A decent exhaust shop should be able to fit your o2 sensors onto the new downpipe and run a new pipe from the cat back.

An exhaust shop should also be able to make you a new downpipe. The cruiser I just picked up has a (very s***ty) custom made downpipe that feeds into a 2 into 1 aftermarket catalytic converter. This setup is completely rusted out and will be replaced by the magnaflow downpipe at some point. I'm getting tired of welding in patches.

Don't know how much you want to get into it or if you have emissions, but I've found that the "best" thing to do is move the o2 sensors into the PAIR ports on the exhaust manifolds. That way you can use the Magnaflow downpipe with single cat and have an exhaust bent up from there.

Seems like maybe you just haven't found the right shop yet.

Try posting in the NC clubhouse for exhaust shop recommendations.

If your downpipe is toast I think your best bet is to get the 95+ downpipe and build the exhaust from there. A decent exhaust shop should be able to fit your o2 sensors onto the new downpipe and run a new pipe from the cat back.

An exhaust shop should also be able to make you a new downpipe. The cruiser I just picked up has a (very s***ty) custom made downpipe that feeds into a 2 into 1 aftermarket catalytic converter. This setup is completely rusted out and will be replaced by the magnaflow downpipe at some point. I'm getting tired of welding in patches.

Don't know how much you want to get into it or if you have emissions, but I've found that the "best" thing to do is move the o2 sensors into the PAIR ports on the exhaust manifolds. That way you can use the Magnaflow downpipe with single cat and have an exhaust bent up from there.

Seems like maybe you just haven't found the right shop yet.

Thank you the advice, so from your experience a 95 down pipe should fit the headers on a 93? It seems much easier to find that part vs. 93 down pipes, I did find down pipes with cats from land cruiser parts store on line but IMHO at 700+ for each seem a bit much. - Thanks agian

I got down pipes for my 94 (identical exhaust to a 93) from Beno a few months ago. I'm sure he can hook you up if you want the stock pipes.

I got down pipes for my 94 (identical exhaust to a 93) from Beno a few months ago. I'm sure he can hook you up if you want the stock pipes.

The Toyota stuff is $$$$ but will certainly be the easiest to install and probably the highest quality option. The stock stuff on my 94 is still in great shape.

Thats exactly why I went with new stock pipes, they should last another 2 decades with no issues and they're not that much more (if any) than a quality custom setup.

Where did you get your stock pipes from? Did you go directly to a Toyota dealership and if so how recent was that? I was in a dealership last month looking for an AC line and was told, like most 80 series parts, it was discontinued. That's the only reason I haven't been back, plus I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around 1400 Doll hairs for 2 replacement down pipes if that's what you paid. I throw that number out there cause that's what I was quoted from an on-line store. Trust me, I'm with you 100%, I would like to have stock ones for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom