1993 cruiser is a slug. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I did, what exactly did I miss?

4.88 gears, 36 inch tires. I feel like when I pull out onto the interstate it just falls on its face. We just bought this. I expected a lot more from a Toyota 6 cylinder. we have ran 1985 22 re's for years. a person that we know had this up for sale... but it is a slug. lockers front rear. not sure what to look at as to why it feels so under powered.

I know the mini trucks very well.. cruisers are new to me.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/ho...-axle-rock-crawler-thread.257685/#post6497297
My 92 does 0-60 in, well I use an egg timer. It runs well gets around 15 mpg on the highway tailwind helps. It is very heavy and rugged. I would take my cruiser places that would scare the snot out of a jeep. While drinking a cup of coffee and listening to the stereo. It is a slug, but it will damn near climb trees. That's what it's made for. Make sure everything is working injectors timing etc. and you may have a faster slug, but it is still a slug. You'll grow to love the beast, most Cruiser owners do.

I have a '93 and expanded the exhaust to 2.5" from 2", I noticed a HUGE...maybe not.

The tune-up is going to be a big boost in hp...maybe.

Take out the 3rd row seats!

When going up hills lean forward!

Take off all crappy armor, like damage multipliers!

Try to drive east, follow the jet stream and that might help.

Ask me anything, I've got answers!

Zona

I have a '93 and expanded the exhaust to 2.5" from 2", I noticed a HUGE...maybe not.

The tune-up is going to be a big boost in hp...maybe.

Take out the 3rd row seats!

When going up hills lean forward!

Take off all crappy armor, like damage multipliers!

Try to drive east, follow the jet stream and that might help.

Ask me anything, I've got answers!

Zona
  • I'm thinking Weight Watchers save money on food, gas, and a faster "less slow" Cruiser will result. The less of my fat a** that the engine has to move the better. Drafting tractor trailers helps, just make sure that you and your Higher Power are on the same page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom