1993/95 FZJ80? What? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, this is my first post here on mud, been a lurker for a while.

So here's the deal, I'm going to be in the market for a Cruiser here in a few months (once I can unload some cars I own right now) and I came across this 1993 FZJ80.

Link - http://tinyurl.com/cfdqv

Now, maybe you all can answer me a question, the VIN indicates its a 93, but the grill indicates at least a 95. What possibilities could lead to this mismatch other than a wreck, if even that? Or did someone just graft a 95+ front end on it, or what?

Thanks,
Andrew

I would guess it's a front end put on for whatever reason. You can inspect it

The little hubcaps indicate it's a 93-94 too. 95+ were completely silver with the gold T emblem, 93-94 have the black area.

Can't tell if that one has diff-locks, if that's important to you.

It appears that the grille, gravel shield, headlamps and markers have been replaced by 95-up pieces. Why? Collision repair? Owner preference? Vin laundering? Who knows.

The VIN indicates a green vehicle with leather and difflocks. The VIN did not have running boards done at the port, they could have been added afterward of course.

D-

Thanks for the replies everyone!

cruiserdan: Is there a web resource I can look at to help me decode VIN information? You stated that the VIN indicated lockers and the color/interior combo. That would be extremely helpful in my search.

Again, thanks for the help everyone, ih8mud rules!

Thanks,
Andrew

I looked it up in the Toyota data base that is accessible only by dealers, sorry... :frown:

I actually like the way the pre-95 grills look better. Love that "TOYOTA" thing! I'd switch it back out.

Eddie

mason said:
I actually like the way the pre-95 grills look better. Love that "TOYOTA" thing! I'd switch it back out.

Eddie
I agree completely, the 95+ grille looks too "soft" for my taste. Of course it doesn't really matter if you cover it up with an ARB front bumper/bull bar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom