For Sale 1993 4BT Cummins Turbo Diesel Cruiser. Central Kentucky. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

*SOLD* Central Kentucky (Frankfort)
$8,000 OBO

Life has a way of changing ones plans. I am at a point where I need to simplify a bit and focus my time and resources on finishing a major home renovation. I have too many vehicles and I had plans for this 4BT cruiser but need to let it go so I can get this house done. I may be selling my 94 with lockers as well.

I have only had the cruiser for about 5 months. I had plans to swap my locking axles and some other parts from my 94 cruiser over to this one and use it as a driver. I don't have the time to work on any of this or any other projects other than the farm and house at the moment.

This Cruiser was in South Carolina for 2 years, Colorado for 6 years. It is originally a Florida vehicle and was back in Florida until I bought it. It has been in Kentucky for about 5 months. I am driving it now as my 94 is running like a turd with some EGR issues, throwing a code 71. Won't hardly idle and tends to die. Plan on driving this Cummins while I clean out the intake and clean the EGR system up.

This is a great running cruiser and drives nice. The tires are older and I get a slight wobble in the steering wheel from time to time at higher speeds in a turn. Drives straight with a little wander here and there. She is no beauty queen but looks pretty good. Very little rust due to it being a southern truck most of its life.

It is a Proffitts Cruisers 4BT conversion from 2009 I believe. That is what I was told. The previous owner used it for a daily drive for about 4 years and said he had no issues with it at all. Very reliable. He is a MUD member. It starts up and runs and drives nice. About all I have done is put one new battery on it from NAPA and wash the outside and drive it. I did check the fluid levels. That is about it.

Some details from the previous owner below.

"1995 Cummins 4bta engine with 170k miles

KDP (killer dowel pin) on engine done

New style Heavy Duty 700r4 with diesel appropriate modifications. (Shifts perfectly)

Torque converter lockup on OD button.

Water to air aftercooler that runs on seperate cooling system from engine

Worst mileage- 14mpg Best mileage 18mpg

AC is like an icebox, even in Florida. Much colder than factory

33" Maxxis Big Horn Mud terrain tires with approximately 15,000 miles

Spare is the Dura Grappler- brand new

Slee 4" springs

Ome shocks

Double Cardan front shaft

Slee Caster Plate

Weld in front Panhard adjuster

MAF rear panhard drop bracket

Drives straight

All Slee stainless brake lines

new style slee headlight harness

Custom made front bumper with winch plate

Kaymar rear bumper with spare mounted, second post on passenger side. "Slam shut" modification

CDL/ pin 7 mod

Exterior is in overall good condition with minor scuffs/scratches here and there.

No accidents

I have only (lightly) off-roaded it once. Part of the reason I am selling.

Armrest modification for driver's seat. Volvo center console modification for cup holders.

Homemade dual tank system with factory dual filler neck. (Previous owner was still working on this, but all parts are present)

Dual batteries (one new)

Under hood start switch. Nice for bleeding injectors.

Vehicle is ready to run WVO/ alternate fuels using a "two tank system". (I'm not currently using this) Fuel is heated via coolant heat exchanger

Fuel pressure gauge, fuel temperature gauge, sub tank fuel level gauge on console.

No oil leaks or Blow by from engine. No puddles in driveway.

Engine runs awesome; starts right up every time. Puff of smoke from exhaust on start up and that's it. Very reliable vehicle. This is my daily driver. No issues at all. I drive my 5 year old around in this. Mileage is 334xxx and will go up through daily use.

The bad:

The factory radio kinda sucks, CD player and tape player do not work.

Front seats need repair or seat covers.

At some point, vehicle will need paint or liner, but completely acceptable for now."

As you can see it has a lot of nice mods and some hard to find parts (factory dual fuel filler neck). I will attach some pictures and videos as wall. The videos are not the best but they do give you some idea of how it drives and sounds. It is a lot of fun to drive and I had one compliment the second day I was driving it.

I am looking to sell it fairly quickly to get on with my renovations. Looking to get $8,000 for the cruiser. I will also be considering best offers but will be looking to get the full $8,000 for starters. Good solid and fully functioning diesel cruiser.

I do not know a whole lot about the truck as I have had little time to fool with it other than what I mentioned and driving it. Feel free to ask questions though and I will let you know all I know.

I did notice it does have LED interior lights so that mod has also been done. I has a lot of great mods and a nice build. The only gauge that does not work is the oil pressure gauge on the dash. It has a pressure gauge under the hood that you can monitor the engine oil pressures with. Previous owner could not get the dash gauge functioning. I have not looked at it. Fuel gauge works but sometimes takes a temporary plummet for some reason but it works. Trans temp gauge dances around a lot, not sure what is up with it.

Thanks!

100_9380.JPG
100_9381.JPG
100_9382.JPG
100_9383.JPG
100_9384.JPG

Last edited:
you said it does not have lockers, correct?
and you say the 4bt has that many miles on it or just the truck itself?

Correct, it does not have lockers.

Looks like I left the mileage out, sorry about that. The truck itself has about 335,000 on it. I would have to go out and look as I have been driving it daily. Fun to drive, lots of looks for sure. The 4BT Cummins is a 1995 with about 170,000 on it as I understood it when I bought it. The odometer works.

Not interested in any trades really. I am looking to move from my two 80 series Land Cruisers to a 100 series for traveling and towing. That is what I am thinking I am wanting to do anyways lol... I appreciate the offer though.

No problem bud. Any idea on your horse power/torque?
Cummins is legendary, just curious why others wouldn't choose it over an Isuzu diesel? I assume it's cheaper is main factor

This 4BT runs out great, the turbo spools up nicely with plenty of boost. It is stock, has not been turned up at all as I was told. I don't know for sure but without being turned up I would guess it is around 105 hp and 265 lbs of torque. It may be more. It is more fun to drive than my 94 with the 1FZ 4.5. It sounds a lot like a first generation 6BT dodge truck running down the road. You can hear the turbo spool up as well. Nice sound from the exhaust with the Flowmaster muffler. I detect a slight drone maybe at certain RPMS.

Just an FYI for the thread here. I am getting a wobble in the front end, mainly when braking. Feels like a typical rotor being out of round to me. I will check these as soon as I get a chance.

I am enjoying this Cummins cruiser. Gets a lot of looks and compliments. I would keep it if it weren't for me needing to focus my time, money and resources on this home renovation (and other family obligations that pop up...)

Thanks, appreciate the interest. It is OBO...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom