SOLD 1993 - 3x Locked - 112k miles No rust - SW Montana (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
I flew to L.A. to buy this truck in Spring 2016, with 89K miles on it. It has factory cloth manual-adjust seats with no factory roof rack. It was all stock. The previous owner had used it at their Sun Valley condo before bringing it back to their Santa Monica home. K & H Imports thoroughly inspected it for me and I still remember Richard, the shop owner, saying through a cigar, "you've got a winner." I was curious/nervous to drive it back to Montana as I had never driven an 80 Series for more than ten minutes. It was a wonderful trip.

I've been driving for 45 years now and this rig has been the most fun to drive of any I've owned. I drive it at least once per week, it has run great and been perfectly dependable throughout my ownership. Since I still own two trucks more practical for my and my wife's driving habits, it turns out, this beautiful beast isn't getting the road time it deserves. And because I recently lost a garage space, the time has come to make it available, at the price of $22,500. Here's a list of work done and add-ons since I acquired it:

All hoses and belts replaced with OEM
PHH replaced with blue silicone
New Pioneer base-model stereo
New driver seat cushion (from Specter Off-Road)
New ARB bumper (did not install turn lights but have them)
New Tough Dog shocks (adjustable rear) and springs - 2.5" lift (still have original springs)
New SCS F5 wheels
New Prinsu roof rack
Koso water temp gauge install (highest reading has been 189)
New OEM radiator in 2018
Center Diff Lock switch
Cup holders
Leather steering wheel wrap
Husky rubber floor mats in front and rear cargo
Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx 255/85/16 tires (including the spare) (bomber BTW)
Oil changes at 3.5K mile intervals

Cons:
Three effects from being parked outside in the coastal sun before I bought it: faded paint on the driver side and roof; front driver side window works so-so, the back not at all; a few thin cracks in top of dashboard (have not grown or multiplied since I bought it)
Small dings and paint chips
Drips a dime of oil every week or so

Everything works, including lockers, A/C, antenna, sunroof, etc. except the driver side windows, which are repairable. If I wanted to drive this truck to Alaska or the tip of Baja, I would install a new battery, fill the tank, and hit the road at sunrise.

Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions.

tempImagedXz7na.jpg
tempImageOIqD1W.jpg
tempImageoJ47xf.jpg
tempImage5rIPde.jpg
tempImage4TBTNg.jpg

Last edited:
More pics . .

tempImage9yQjfo.jpg

tempImageJyRlRh.png

tempImager6xLnx.png

tempImageYvWXj4.png

tempImage4RUvlT.png

Interior. Anybody know how I can rotate an image? Pic 3 below is sideways and the "system" wants to post undercarriage pics upside down.

tempImage5At6uU.png

tempImagegxF2BS.png

tempImagenFTw0J.png

tempImagecyHNKE.png

tempImagevUemhz.png

Sorry about the vertigo, please advise on rotating.

tempImageIeOhtz.png

tempImageRDiyX3.png

tempImageVCRUFj.png

tempImage6uuEal.png

tempImageEPpmzZ.png

pics work ok upside down for me. .......but didn't see the price.

Shortly after I bought it . . .

P1020921.JPG

And shortly after I added rack, bumper, wheels, and lift . . .

IMG_0332.JPG

Last edited:

tempImageaKKnT3.png

Somebody asked about paint fade, the roof got the worst of it by far. And here are more undercarriage pics . . .

tempImageRWM1Fc.png

tempImageb7qo9X.png

tempImageLqqIuP.png

tempImageD62vbi.png

tempImage2mg1fZ.png

Friday price drop -- now at $22,500. Delivery is possible. Let me know your questions or if you want additional photos.

80 Series scenery three weeks ago . . .

tempImagew3SSdf.png

Last edited:
Maintenance and service records, original Owners Manual, and a 1993 Factory Service Manual available with sale.

tempImagea5ODdD.png

Last edited:
More interior

tempImageSmYFFn.png

tempImageWW4O4k.png

tempImageGm6HU4.png

Last edited:
A couple years ago I noticed that there was occasionally a very small drop of oil underneath about a foot from the driver front tire. Lately, I have not seen any oil below the truck. It seems that the "leak" has sealed itself.

tempImageSP5HAi.png
tempImagectekER.png

tempImageiL8CFo.png

tempImagefW4LSD.png

I suppose I could shine up the undercarriage with Simply Green or something similar and raise the price. ;)

tempImageVukrRL.png

tempImageDcb0xh.png

tempImageLCj9IV.png

tempImageBRtttD.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom