1992 Wiring Diagram (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all.

Anyone have one for the chassis wiring? I need to see how the tailight/parking light/reverse lights/license plate lights are wired.

Thank you.

Main Link: http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/1990-1995_4Rnr/Toyota.4Runner.1990.1995/contents.htm , EWD Page: http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/1990-1995_4Rnr/Toyota.4Runner.1990.1995/files/wiring.html or just Download to your heart's content. There's a bunch more in there now, even new stuff to look up making swap harnesses easier. :D

FWIW I have downloaded all of the manuals in there and have them on a 8gb flash drive that I carry as my keychain so there's never an excuse for myself or someone else to not have the manuals to fix stuff on runs, trips, etc. It took a bunch of editing, 2 days worth to weed out the needless online link stuff, but it all fit.

:D

Last edited:
Thank you VERY much but I have a pickup and it appears that the routing/splicing are a bit different-at least in terms of location.

whats this do for ya? strait out of a 92 FSM

taildiag.jpg

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Perfect. Notice how the RH Tail is independent of the LH which is connected to both License Lights. This explains, sinply, why the RH tail light works perfect.

What is interesting is that the RH License light works BUT the LH license does not AND the LH tail does not work.

Also, notice the "integration" relay attached to that side.

It is clear now why you stated it is a wire. There has to be a break between the RH and LH License Plate B+. That would explain why the LH License and LH Tail do not work.

Last edited:
OK. So I read that schematic wrong. ALL tail lights and Lic plate lights are wired together.

So, that does not explain WHY there are two friggin b+ terminations run to the rear. WTF?????

I do NOT have a break in any wire. What in the hell can it be??

There is voltage to the Right Tail AND to the RH Lic plate BUT not to the LH Lic Plate or the LH Tail.

I would think that indicates a break at the junction of the RH Lic plate to the LH Lic plate BUT there is no such break??

I am stumped.

ALL grounds check out.

Yeah, you are right.

Thanks all.

Not sure what you mean by "V".

I plan to completely remove the enitre assembly in the back so that I can test it on the ground.

I suppose that is the best way to go.

Hello. Yeah, OK.

Sorry.

Yes, that is the first thing I did. I checked grounds at the socket/plug AND checked b+ (voltage as you say) at the socket/plug.

There is 0 volts to the LH park and 0 volts at the LH Lic plate light.

12v at RH Park light and License plate light.

There has to be a break I guess.

I will find it.

OK. I completely pulled and unwrapped the tail circuit...Guess what?

Two friggin circuits-each with ground. The are NOT run in parallel as that diagram suggests. So, I have one side (RH) with 12v and the other (LH) with 3.7.

WTF????

ALL grounds are on the money.

I traced the wires into the cab. No breaks. And I believe they terminate at the fuse block under DS kick panel. Nothing looks wrong.

Are you guys SURE there is not a relay that controls the LH/RH circuits??

I am at a loss at what it can be.

and the other (LH) with 3.7.

Sounds like a corroded contact somewhere. Some voltage/current can pass but the resistance, at the corroded spot, is to high so the voltage drops very low when any sort of realistic current is drawn. I suggest cleaning up all contacts and checking all crimps to see if they are corroded. If you find a corroded crimp, replace it. That may require replacing a contact pin or possibly a whole connector.

Are you guys SURE there is not a relay that controls the LH/RH circuits??

If there is a relay it will be in the wiring diagram unless there was a change.

Pin: According to your schematic, there is an "integration relay". However, that schematic is not how the truck is wired. So, s*** I dont know.

The only thing I have not done, and i suppose this will be the tell all, is to pull the wire out of the harness and test the wire and not the terminal end.

I HOPE it is that although I suspect not. Hopefully I am wrong.

if a relay is the problem, then every thing coming out of that relay would not be operating

i never looked at the schematic :lol:

seems like if that was a true relay, it would have 5 teminals out of it. not 2.

you have a broken wire or bad connection

find the main connector beween the cab and bed, test for voltage there.

Thats the thing man, I dont where the hell the connection is. I dont THINK there is another connection other than the block.

I believe it runs from the fuse block all the way back to the rear i.e. no breaks.

I have spent more time on this than I did my Timing Chain LOL!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom