1992 LC : Newbie Plz Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got my wife a 1992 cruiser and should've done my homework because this thing ain't packing what I'd like to see it packing. Wife's turned it over to me and now it's time for it to learn some new dance moves. I would like to do an engine swap and was thinking that I'd like to put in a 350. I need this thing to haul a boat once I get it to where it could handle one. It seems like a good time to make some changes since the 6 cycl. is slapping pretty good. Are there some places that I can find some specific information on 350 conversions and my specific model of cruiser. Need help since the motors about to go and the fact that I can bring myself to trade off such an awesome vehicle. Can anyone help me breath some life back into this baby of ours. I'm talking from my heart here fellas/ladies, can't live with it (the way it is), can't live without it (because I love it so much). Get my dilemma, help plz !

Check out Advance Adapters and Marks 4wd. Also do a search here, plenty of info.

How heavy is your boat?
Cheers,
Sean

Tarpe - Thanks for the links, very informative and I just finished checking out everything on the site. Are there other sites that provide specialized cruiser accessories.

MTNRAT - I am not sure about the weight of the boat but I know it won't pull it very well because I noticed considerable difference when towing around my 16ft flatbed trailer with 700lb walk-behind mower on it.

Here's where I'm at -

1. 92 Cruiser is knocking considerably
2. I've never been impressed with it power and it towing capability is nil
3. I have a fella wanting to trade me for an chevy s-10 with an already modified 350 with 5000 miles on it. Hoping that I'll only have to spend out of pocket for the conversion kit, miscellaneous parts and labor.
4. I feel confident I can pull the 4.0 motor install the 350 with a marks4wd conversion and mounting kit.
5. I am scared to death about getting the wiring, sensors, communications and carbration to work after the conversion.

I have seen that some seem to prefer a 350 TBI. I don't really understand what TBI means. I need to find information about #5 listed above so I can gain some confidence in pulling this conversion off. Is there some information and documentation from some members who have previously performed a 350 conversion. Help!!!

Last edited:
TBI - throttle body injection IIRC.
Sean

For towing, I would recommend considering a GM Engine & Tranny. Marks 4Wheel Drive makes adapters for GM trannies to LC xfer cases. I have read that the 91-92 transmissions tend to overheat when used for towing. Might want to ask some of the experts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom