For Sale 1992 K1500 Manual - Clarkesville, Georgia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Runs great, cold a/c, hot heat, etc. Brand new Hancook AT tires within the past 2 months.

I purchased this truck this past Spring and went through it very thoroughly. To point out how reliable it is, it has made a trip from Georgia to D.C. and back many times. I bought it from a gentleman who had purchased this truck back in the mid 90s and had owned it up until when I got it. It was well cared for; he told me he replaced the engine with a GM crate motor approximately 100,000 miles ago and the transmission 40,000 miles ago. He's an honest, older guy so I feel this is true. He also put a positive traction rear end in it and dual exhaust

Since I purchased it I have replaced the following:

Plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor button

Map sensor, ignition module, EGR valve, EGR solenoid, vacuum hoses, PCV valve and hose. (All parts OEM equivalent AC Delco brand minus the PCV hose. I swapped these as since they appeared to be 20 years old and I didn't want any issues on the long trips.

I also replaced the knock sensor plug and knock sensor (the plug portion broke and I figured I may as well replace the sensor while I was there.

I replaced the climate control panel with a brand new one because the old buttons were sticky and worked intermittently.

Brand new radiator (I replaced one due to a leak and then an acorn hit the fan blade and punctured the new radiator so I replaced it again. Squirrel sabotage!) The system was flushed before the first one, so it's now beyond super clean now)

$1300 service at my friend's shop: New steering box, ignition lock, and clutch less than 1000 miles ago.

Truck does not burn oil and actually does pretty amazing MPGs if you keep the pedal off the floor. I've gotten as good as 22 mpg on the highway (last trip up to D.C. from Ga got 18 mpg before all the sensors were swapped).

Manual transmission is rare and it shifts beautifully. The only thing that doesn't work is the cruise control.

The odometer stopped working at 295k and I swapped a used cluster in that reads 158k. I'm a perfectionist and I like to see my MPGs :) so I couldn't be without an odometer.

Really it needs nothing to drive now, but I'd probably look at shocks and stuff next if I were going to keep it.

$4000 FIRM. Any less and I'll just keep it as a back up truck.

If you want the VIN let me know. I do not see any smog stuff, so this is likely a factory no smog equipped truck which I assume is desirable. I'm confident it is mechanically excellent.

Body in good shape, pings, dings, etc. 20+ year old work truck) Zero rust other than cab corners and maybe a little on the very bottom of the sides. It is not rusty at all, every line, screw, bolt, frame is perfect. I was told the cab corners get clogged, hold water and lead to this issue. I was quoted $1k to have it all fixed and paint matched, but I don't see a need in going that far.

IMG_0434.jpg
IMG_0435.jpg
IMG_0436.jpg
IMG_0437.jpg

57420946245__0A21AC8F-AEB2-44A4-88BC-DDFEE72D93A9.jpg

Last edited:
PM me so I don't miss this thread. I can get more photos and will work with you if you are not close so you can get a better idea about the truck.

I have flow matched injectors and a heavier spring for the TBI somewhere too.

I didn't realize you were still selling this. I will reach out to my work friend and see if she thinks it would work for her son

I didn't realize you were still selling this. I will reach out to my work friend and see if she thinks it would work for her son

hahah I wasn't, but I don't need 9 cars....I hate to let it go. I'll reply to your PM later when I have time. Good to hear from you!

Anyone interested before I park this truck at the top of my drive with a for sale sign? I hate to see it go to just anyone, but I'll be making a trip down to Georgia soon and plan to list it locally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom