Builds 1992 HZJ75 Troopy build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So the straight pipes are just a bit too loud for my taste. The original muffler that came on the truck was just too quiet and boring, So i had a resonator put on this morning.

E6403DFD-CDFD-4270-882C-7693B0A2C275.jpeg

All of this looks great. Keep the momentum going.......

And now it has a resonator. Tone is about half of what it was, but when you mash the pedal it does have a nice growl.

B6F41D19-DEE6-4397-A2EA-F65661DE2361.jpeg

So the clear coat had a small bad spot that was driving me crazy, so got some fine sandpaper (1200 grit) and went to wet sanding and then taped off a section and now it’s like new. But my plan is to cover it with flat black vinyl as the sun in the morning is just too bright.

Oh and notice the rainbow in the pic.

24306F2E-C5A4-424B-914D-9820B972A844.jpeg

EB34875E-5BD6-4E46-88E2-3F0889BE7642.jpeg

That must be a re-paint. White was originally a single-stage paint.

Not saying to do this but if you are going to paint your hood black you could install a solar panel. I have a lot of ideas and most of them I realize aren't good ones.

Saw the attached photo at Expo West.
solar panel.jpg

Not saying to do this but if you are going to paint your hood black you could install a solar panel. I have a lot of ideas and most of them I realize aren't good ones.

Saw the attached photo at Expo West. View attachment 1994713
So this is really not a good idea, solar panels lose efficiency the hotter they get, its an exponential downward curve. Hoods get HOT, and while this may be ok when parked and cooled down, the heat cycles are definately not good for the crystal cells. If you do do this (ha doodoo) i would expect no more than 40-50 or so rated % output (dont forget a 100 watt panel really only puts out between 70-80 best case rating, they certify them with light pulses at perpendicular angles, so they dont get hot and best case scenario) Something definitely to factor in

Good info. Saw it on a van at Expo and well if they're doing it there it HAS to be right, right?

Because basically it IS new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom