Builds 1992 HZJ75 Troopy build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Plan is right now to find a buyer for the drawers so that when I remove them they get used and not just thrown away.
Front number will be an ARB and not sure which winch I will use. I’ve always used Warn but have been hearing good things about ComeUp winches.
Yes the HF radio is extreme.

Plan is right now to find a buyer for the drawers so that when I remove them they get used and not just thrown away.
Front number will be an ARB and not sure which winch I will use. I’ve always used Warn but have been hearing good things about ComeUp winches.
Yes the HF radio is extreme.
How long are those drawers? I would have an interest in them if you go that way and they will fit in my 74.

How long are those drawers? I would have an interest in them if you go that way and they will fit in my 74.

If these turn out to be to long for Dan I would like to be second in line for those drawers , pretty sure they fit in my troopy ;)

It looks pretty identical to an ARB non-winch bumper. Down to the lights, shape, uprights shape, tube size and ARB hi-lift mounts on the front. I'd be surprised if it was an early Kaymar, but it's possible they REALLY copied ARB early on.

Or the other way around as both of these companies are around for a very long time , even the TJM looks similar to the 2 others and all 3 have been selling accesories for cruisers for at least 30 years now.

Paging Joe.....That's a bit too long for mine. I'h have to sit on it to drive :lol:

Just ordered 5 wheels from Stockton wheels in California yesterday thanks to @umpqua.
Going to place and order for a 12k winch and a new black ARB bumper.
I’m looking for a company that can make custom drawers for the soon to be empty space.
Replacing the sway bar bushings later this week as they are about gone.
I’m still not sure which tires I’m going to get, Toyos or Cooper ST MAXX.
More later

I’ve been in contact with Rob from Odd Iron Offroad and we are getting a few essential gauges to install in the Troopy.
It has an older Redarc dual battery system, but some wires were cut by the PO so to make it easier I’m just going to order a completely new Redarc.
I removed the rear seat and the drawers are going to @joekatana. Next to be removed is the HF radio. It’s fun to listen to but just not for me.
The cab has already been sound proofed so I guess I’ll be ordering some for the rear so that it will be ready for the new drawers when they arrive.

I was told that it is an early Kaymar bumper.

Ive never heard of a Kaymar bullbar and can't find a reference to one on the net. Its still possible, 20 years ago there was a plethora of small manufactures who were slowly pushed out by ARB , TJM and a few others

What are you doing with the HF radio? What freqs does it send/receive on? 24v?

My mounted Toyo MT is about 0.5 inch taller than my unmounted ST Max. Both are 255/85r16.

7C0CE02C-840B-4857-8BD8-F6B6C578E878.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello Bulletsmith,

Wow! Fantastic! Hope you fall in love with it.

The 12k ComeUp winch arrived on Thursday and today after work I removed the HF radio so @divemedic if you want it let me know and we can discuss how it can be yours.

Rob from Odd Iron Off-road picked up the snorkel and ARB bumper. So next week they will be installed.

I am seriously thinking of selling the Kaymar rear bumper and getting one from Cruiser outfitters. So if you have a 75 Troopy make me an offer on the bumper.

I dont think thats a HAM radio. It looks like a HF radio used in Australia for mainly emergency and weather reports,information ect. The frequencies might overlap. The HF Radio frequencies were originally used by the police , military and emergency services but they handed it over to civilian use when they got more sophisticated communications. They can be connected to telephone exchanges so you can call any number you want. They are good from 100klms to 3000klms.
The Barret brand are the most popular and cost $2000-$3000 AUD, but that looks like an older model

I dont think thats a HAM radio. It looks like a HF radio used in Australia for mainly emergency and weather reports,information ect. The frequencies might overlap. The HF Radio frequencies were originally used by the police , military and emergency services but they handed it over to civilian use when they got more sophisticated communications. They can be connected to telephone exchanges so you can call any number you want. They are good from 100klms to 3000klms.
The Barret brand are the most popular and cost $2000-$3000 AUD, but that looks like an older model

You are correct, it’s a Barrett model 550 HF radio. I have listened to people in Cuba and Canada. It’s just too much for me right now to learn and get a license to use it.
It does have the ability to make phone calls.
It has some kind of booster that was mounted in the rear.
It has been removed and I have all of the cables if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom