SOLD 1992 HZJ73 - Arlington, VA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
Silver
Asking price is $27,000.

For sale is a 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser HZJ73. This is a very rare European import with essential left hand drive that was never offered in the US. This Land Cruiser was imported last year and has slowly been restored by myself to the condition it currently sits in. I have put a lot of effort into restoring this vehicle to a high quality in order for this vehicle to last many, many years into the future. This Land Cruiser HZJ73 drive train consists of the legendary 1HZ 4.2 liter straight 6 diesel engine. It will do 75 comfortably on the highway. This engine is still produced overseas today and is driven in the most harsh South American, African, Asian and Australian environments. This is backed by an H55F 5 speed manual transmission and a Toyota Land Cruiser split transfer case. The axles are a full floating 9.5 inch rear axle with disk brakes and a high pinion 8 inch front axle with disk brakes. The suspension is under axle leaf sprung all around. These Land Cruisers were built to be the most durable 4x4s produced and the build specs show why they are relied upon all over the world. The mid length wheelbase 73 Land Cruisers all come with removeable FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic) tops. This means that the top will come off just like a Jeep and be driven like a convertible. This 73 has (5) very desirable updated Stealth Custom Series F5 16" aluminum wheels and brand new 285/75/16 Yokohama Geolander G003 M/Ts. The engine has 263,000 kilometers on it which converts to about 163,000 miles. The timing belt was changed at 253,000 km. The electrical system is a 24v system. All leaf spring bushings have been replaced, the front steering knuckles and bearings have been rebuilt. The steering joints have all been inspected and replaced where needed. The paint on this Land Cruiser is immaculate, the underbody and frame are also in phenomenal shape.

There is only one spot of rust on this Land Cruiser which is in the passenger side of the rear steel bumper. I can include the replacement bumper section with the purchase of the vehicle. There is not other rust on this vehicle. I can also include a factory roll bar for a BJ73 (older version of this vehicle), Toyota did not install these roll bars in all 73s and they take a little fabrication to install but are a nice addition when the top is off. There is no factory air conditioning or lockers on this Land Cruiser. Let me know if you would like to see any additional pictures of the HZJ73 or have any questions. Clean Virginia title in hand.

IMG_7879.JPG

IMG_7886.JPG

IMG_7893.JPG

IMG_7896.JPG

IMG_7898.JPG

Great looking truck. Have you applied any paint or other coating on the undercarriage?

Any thing scary under there?

Can we get a detail photo of the corrosion you mentioned?

looks really nice for the money. GLWS

Great looking truck. Have you applied any paint or other coating on the undercarriage?

Any thing scary under there?

Can we get a detail photo of the corrosion you mentioned?

There is nothing scary underneath the body of this Land Cruiser. As described it is very clean. The body was not undercoated but the frame was touched up by Land Cruiser Heaven with their frame protection package. The attached picture is the one rust spot that I mentioned, I also have both steel replacement pieces to replace both sides of the bumper that I will include if someone buys it.

IMG_7949.JPG

So why are you selling this HZJ73? What other work did you have done at LC Heaven. Did you buy this 73
from LC Heaven?

Selling because I have a few of these that I have imported myself and I intend on selling some of them. Only other work land cruiser heaven did to this vehicle was replace the leaf spring and shackle bushings.

Selling because I have a few of these that I have imported myself and I intend on selling some of them. Only other work land cruiser heaven did to this vehicle was replace the leaf spring and shackle bushings.
What are the other ones you are selling? Where did you import this one from?

I did not replace the clutch on this vehicle. Not sure if or when the previous owner did a replacement. This one came from a collection in Czech Republic it was originally sold in Spain.I have another HZJ73 and a BJ71 that will eventually be for sale in the future.

There is rust on the engine parts like the booster and the clamps and on the transfer case bolts.

Do you have any photos before Land Cruiser Heaven sprayed over the undercarriage? If it was properly done then it’s not an issue but if it was a pile of rust that had undercoating sprayed on it without a good cure agent I’d be concerned

There is rust on the engine parts like the booster and the clamps and on the transfer case bolts.

Do you have any photos before Land Cruiser Heaven sprayed over the undercarriage? If it was properly done then it’s not an issue but if it was a pile of rust that had undercoating sprayed on it without a good cure agent I’d be concerned

I don't have the before undercarriage pictures but I could have left it the way it was and it would have been perfectly fine. The question you are asking is basically does Land Cruiser Heaven cut corners on their undercarriage protection package and I would say they do not. If you are actually interested I can talk to Frank about speaking with you about the condition of this 73. He probably would have bought this from me if he hadn't already purchased an FJ73 in Columbia.

I don't have the before undercarriage pictures but I could have left it the way it was and it would have been perfectly fine. The question you are asking is basically does Land Cruiser Heaven cut corners on their undercarriage protection package and I would say they do not. If you are actually interested I can talk to Frank about speaking with you about the condition of this 73. He probably would have bought this from me if he hadn't already purchased an FJ73 in Columbia.
My best friend is interested and asked me to look at it so yes this is a real question not some a****** on Mud picking your truck apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom