For Sale 1992 FJ80, Good Solid Mechanical condition, paint...meh, lifted, good tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Fellow Mudders,

I am choosing (being forced...:princess:) to sell my beloved 80. I was using it as my DD but was simply spending too much for my wife to bear, she's very fiscally minded. Anyway here's the book I've written about it along with some pictures. PM me is you're interested, I've put considerable time into the mechanics of her and she's in good shape...ready to monstaline it. I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have and take any pictures you may need. No rust on this beauty.

Due to my not having a lifetime supply of free gasoline, I am needing to sell my beloved Tortuga. Turtles generally have an acceleration speed of slow and mine is no different. She will cruise easily at 75 but getting there entails gathering speed for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how many hills you encounter in the process.

On a more serious note, this is the most legendary year (1992) of the LandCruiser (depending on who you ask). The FJ80 body style came out in 1991 but the 3FE engine was only used in it for two years. The 3FE is the heart and soul of the legendary status because it uses a cast iron everything, head and engine block (of course). Due to the cast iron head, you never really have to worry about ruining a head gasket if you should ever overheat. The cast iron head will not warp the way aluminum does and starting in 1993 Toyota changed a few things on the LandCruiser and it was designated as the FZJ80 and came with a vastly inferior aluminum head.

This machine will truly take you anywhere you have the balls to drive it. It has 2.5” Old Man Emu heavy lift coil springs and shocks (front and rear) with a 2.5” rubber spacer in the front to reduce forward rake. 32” tires all around on factory 15” alloy wheels. Rear tires are Kenda Klever mud terrains (reinforced with Kevlar sidewalls) and the front are relatively brand new (couple thousand miles) BF Goodrich KO2 all-terrains. The rear tires are a year older than the BFG’s, but still in good shape with 80%+ tread life.

The drive train will easily handle 35” mud terrains with no modifications needed as will the wheel wells. This truck is widely regarded as the most overbuilt SUV ever created, it will do pretty much anything you ask of it, except accelerate quickly. High pinion reverse cut 8.5” solid front axle AND the Birfield joints do not click when turning and seem to be in great shape.

· New brake pads

· New brake caliper, passenger side

· New OEM Toyota brake line passenger side

· New hard brake line on front axle, new front wheel bearings
20180711_141720.jpg
20180713_190642.jpg
20180828_161619_HDR.jpg
20180828_161707.jpg
20180828_161737.jpg

· Deleted EGR system for cooler engine temps

· New seats and camouflage interior, new gray carpet floors

· Windows work (rear passenger is spotty)

· Comes wired for light bar

· Includes 2 LED light pods not currently attached to roof but still wired in and working.

· Custom built diamond plate steel front bumper with 9000lb winch (builder unknown)

· Custom built rear bumper (by me) with tire carrier swing-arm. Rear bumper is as solid as it gets, built with a combination of ¼” wall rectangular tubing and 1/8” wall tubing and ¼” plate armor on bottom of bumper.

· Sunroof does not work, but also does not leak either

· Windshield has a few dings

· Paintjob is perfect…for tearing through whatever you want to and not worrying one wit about scratches…it needs to be sprayed with a bedliner product (monstaliner, etc) I just haven’t gotten around to it yet, if I get to it before it sells then the price goes up to $10,000.

· Wheel well fenders have been removed but will come with truck

· A/C works great, old system running r12 but cools very well.

· Custom built wooden storage box attached to tailgate

· Rear third row jump seats included (also camo)

· 240k+ miles, runs like a top

· A440 automatic transmission mated to the straight six 3FE, Cruiserheads will tell you this set-up is basically a tractor engine stuck to a bus transmission…bulletproof (more or less)

· Starter brushes sometimes stick, needing a tap to unstick before starting, but I’ve already purchased a rebuild kit for that from Toyota just haven’t installed it yet.

· Guys, this truck is a true go-anywhere tank and if you don’t know much about LandCruisers, I recommend you make yourself an account on www.ih8mud.com and start reading. They are a great bunch of LandCruiser owners on there with a wealth of accumulated knowledge for anything you’ll ever need to do on a LandCruiser…heads up though, we are cruiserheads and generally do not tolerate any jeep discussion.

· I will be installing a snorkel soon, but even if it’s not installed it will come with the truck.

Probably lots I’m forgetting but this is a unique truck. If you drive it once there are only two outcomes. You will either fall deeply in love with it OR you won’t...there’s really no in-between. Men, if you’re married be warned, my other name for it is La Otra Mujer, if you don’t know what that means, look it up and you’ll understand. I’ve taken this truck to Carlsbad, NM and it has taken me to some incredible places up in the Guadalupe Mountains

So you might be asking yourself why I’m selling it. Well I’ve concluded that getting a divorce would be costlier than keeping the truck, despite current gas prices. It has been my daily driver (I drive a lot) and my wife is about to wring my neck because of what we’ve been spending on gas every month. So I’m having to downgrade to a 4x4 Tacoma 4-door, yes that’s a downgrade.

Sorry for the book, but I hope you can clearly see how much time, money, love, and sweat I’ve put into this beauty. I’d like to find a good home for her. Price is $8000 and firm.

20180711_141720.jpg
20180713_190642.jpg
20180828_161619_HDR.jpg
20180828_161707.jpg
20180828_161737.jpg

interested. is it still for sale?

Yep, it sure is...sadly :(. I really hate to sell it because I know my regret will only grow deeper but, as the add says "divorce can get pretty expensive" and as much as I love my Cruiser, I still think I'd like to stay married a little more than that.

anyway, where do you hail from?

this beauty is from Texas, down near Fort Worth

interested. is it still for sale?

well google says you're only about 7 hours from me, that's not too bad in the scheme of things. I could be in Northern California, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom