For Sale 1992 FJ80 For Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So we've had a tough summer, money is tight and against my heart I'm having to sell my old friend. She's a 1992 FJ80 with the 3FE and has been sitting on my driveway for a few years now. She'd be a good project vehicle for a good price. I was going to pull the engine and do the bedliner thing but bills have to be paid and honestly I don't have the time nor the willpower at this point in my life.

Here's the bad...
  • She blew a head gasket but as far as I can tell the head itself is good. We have white smoke. It didn't overheat when it blew the gasket.
  • Paint is faded, especially the hood and roof.
  • Paint is wearing off the flares.
  • There are some hail dimples around, again mostly on the roof with 1 or 2 on the hood.

It's got typical 25 year old used Land Cruiser issues...
  • Rear main seal drips.
  • Lifter / side cover leaks. (I believe I have the gasket)
  • Oil pan drips (I know I have the gasket)
  • Drivers seat is shot, rips and foam is crap.
  • Probably needs a rear brake job.
  • Some slop in drive line.
  • Desert pinstriping

Here's the good...
  • It runs, actually starts right up (I start it up every once in a while but never to operating temps)
  • "New" belts and hoses
  • A fairly new water pump
  • Birfs were redone right before it was parked
  • Everything works except the rear passenger window which I don't roll down. (needs to be put back in track)
  • Fluids were all fairly new.
  • Fairly new plugs.
  • New valve cover gasket
  • Everything is straight, no dents.

Here's some extras...
  • 2.5" OME lift (standard)
  • Caster correction
  • Mickey Thompson Wheels (I have the center caps in a drawer)
  • Nitto Terra's (295/75 R16) Fronts are a bit worn, rears are good.
  • Windows are tinted with lifetime warranty
  • "upgraded" stereo - This is a older Nakamichi bought for sound quality not flash. It runs though a 5 channel Alpine amp, all rewired with crossovers. That being said I imagine the aftermarket speakers are probably dried out.
  • Front and Rear seats have TuffDuck seat covers, as you know these are worth some $$$ on their own.
  • The exhaust was replaced with a magnaflow? muffler and a 2 into 1 cat (instead of the rusted out dual cats)
  • It has a TJM T13 Bull Bar on it with IPF lights and a roller fairlead. (again this was installed right before the head gasket, the lights haven't even been wired up yet)
Note: I will also sell the bumper / lights / fairlead separate for $750

I have attached a few quick pictures below and will add more tomorrow. I'm being honest, she's a good truck but will need some love which I can't give at this point.

I'm asking $3500 with the TJM and $2950 without it on some other sites. But I'm open to reasonable offers as well.

I'm in Plano, TX (DFW area) I haven't planned on any shipping but if a truck shows up after payment I will be happy to help get it on board.

Oh...the running boards are crap I always hated them but I had to keep them for the :princess:

20170921_191501.jpg

20170921_191518.jpg

20170921_191614.jpg

LetgoImg1506025883116.jpg

Inked20170921_191540_LI.jpg

Front Bumper has been sold.

Update: Have to move out of town for a new job. Price reduced to $2500 OBO

20171022_112214.jpg

20171022_112222.jpg

20171022_112233.jpg

20171022_112249.jpg

20171022_112311.jpg