1991 What is this dash plug? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My (aftermarket) radio was wanting to fall out of the dash and when I pulled it out, I found this plug that does not go to the stereo. I don't see the male side, but I want to be sure I didn't mess anything up before I shore up the stereo bracket. and close the dash back up.

PXL_20230127_143341782.jpg

My (aftermarket) radio was wanting to fall out of the dash and when I pulled it out, I found this plug that does not go to the stereo. I don't see the male side, but I want to be sure I didn't mess anything up before I shore up the stereo bracket. and close the dash back up.

View attachment 3230791
How can we tell? Your hand is covering up any view of it.

Sorry I was trying to show off the wire colors. Here are all sides. 3 new items by Daniel Koucky - https://photos.app.goo.gl/f32YWa1eWiTfwUqb9
The factory plugs all have a number on them. You can then reference the FSM (Up above in the references section) to locate that plug and what it's for.

Otherwise, someone else may chime in and advise before you get that far.

Much better pictures BTW......

You can also post the pics directly into this forum, that way they don't get lost when the link is broken.

The OEM radio used that connector which goes to and uses the factory amplifier. When an aftermarket radio is installed that connector is no longer used and two gray colored connectors are used instead and the amplifier is no longer used. The FSM wiring diagrams show all three of the connectors and what wiring they use.

The OEM radio used that connector which goes to and uses the factory amplifier. When an aftermarket radio is installed that connector is no longer used and two gray colored connectors are used instead and the amplifier is no longer used. The FSM wiring diagrams show all three of the connectors and what wiring they use.
Thanks! I'll close it back up. I didn't want to have accidentally pulled something apart. I am pretty used to fixing one thing and breaking two

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom