For Sale 1991 Toyota Townace Camper 4x4 Turbo Diesel - JDM Import (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Craigslist link for more pics: Lowered price - Toyota 4x4 Turbo Diesel Camper Van

I'm probably going to regret this for the rest of my life but putting up my beloved "Space Cabin" Toyota Townace camper van for sale to finance my other projects (a Mitsubishi Delica and an FJ60).

It's an imported Japanese 1991 Toyota Townace 4x4 Turbo Deisel factory camper conversion called an "A'mCraft European". My understanding is that this is like the Westfalia of Japan. The van is powered by the bulletproof Toyota 2CT 2.0L 4-Cylinder Turbo Diesel engine and it can average 20-22mpg. This is a unique Turbo version so it has more power and higher top speeds compared to most of the other versions you see imported.

I am the third owner in the United States after it was imported in 2017 by Vanlife Northwest in Portland then purchased by the previous owner who lived in Seattle who only owned it for a year. Here is the original ad: http://www.vanlifenorthwest.com/space-cabin
I then purchased it and drove it from Seattle to Denver. I've only had it for a year and used it mostly for camping near Keystone and A-Basin during ski season and short camping trips with my family. It has seat belts for up to 5 passengers and can comfortably sleep 4 adults. We slept 2 adults and 3 children. It is a capable little 4x4 offroad beast with manual locking hubs and 4hi and 4low. Does great in the snow and can get you to areas most campers and RVs cannot dream of reaching. 5 General Grabber AT2 tires with plenty of tread.

It has been well maintained. Oil and oil filter changes every 3-4,000 miles. I added new Bilstein 4600 Series shocks all around for a smoother ride on and offroad which added about another 0.5 inch more body lift to the original 1.5'' extra lift. I also added a new Webasto Air Top 2000 ST diesel furnace, installed by Titan Vans in Boulder, that keeps the interior sufficiently toasty for winter ski camping trips. Lights updated with LED bulbs. New batteries. 100W solar panel on the roof keeps the batteries topped off. Another unique feature: the PO had an F-150 rear bumper and 2" hitch receiver professionally welded to the frame which opens up tons of extra cargo options without expensive custom work. I've transported my 400lb motorcycle with it.

The only negatives:
-The AC never worked for me and I have not had it looked at (cab heater works)
-The camper fridge has never worked for me
-The camper sink water pump has never worked for me
-Normal wear and tear, a few small spots of surface rust
-The PO was rear ended and the original fiberglass bumper was replaced. There is some visible cracking in the fiberglass near the back corner that was sealed with silicone

This is a great van for those looking to live the #vanlife. It would not take much to make it a completely livable, off-grid adventure rig. This is a way more reliable and affordable 4x4 camper alternative to those snobs in their $50K+ Vanagon Syncros or $100K+ Sprinters. Plus it's a Turbo Diesel and a Toyota! These are only going to go up in value as their popularity and reputation grow so consider it a great investment.

Serious inquiries only. Not interested in lowballers or tire kickers. Thanks for looking.

Vanagon, eurovan, campervan, VW, Mercedes, Hiace, liteace, camper, 4wd, Syncro, Astro, Tiger, Rooftop tent, popup, van
1566236117895.png
1566236137222.png
1566236196885.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom