For Sale 1991 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 - MI - $4700 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and I have a 1991 Toyota FJ80 Land Cruiser for sale. This is an awesome JDM offroader built right by the right people. It has freezing cold working A/C and power moonroof, power windows, power everything that works. I believe these kinds of reliably built Land Cruisers are hard to come by especially with the modifications this one has:

Part time 4WD kit from SLee with warn premium hubs.
Custom JCR front bumper with 7 inch pro comp lights.
6 inch front OME coils, 5 inch in the rear with poly spacers and Rancho 9000xl shocks.
OME caster correction bushings
Front control arm drop brackets and adjustable panhard bar and bushings
Rear panhard rop bracket
35x12.50 Maxxis Bighorn Radials with approx. 80% tread left
15x10 Mickey Thompson classic II
2.5 inch custom exhaust with Flowmaster muffler
APC Racing seats with RJS lap belts
Pioneer MP3 CD player with iPod interface hookup.
Kicker 6 inch front door speakers and Pioneer 6x9 rear door speakers.
New master cylinder, braided steel lines, wheel cylinders with hardware kit in the rear
New alternator and battery
and more....

Now for a brief history of this extraordinary machine: I'm the 3rd proud owner of this vehicle, and it was originally purchased brand new by the previous owner's mother. The previous owner and his father spent a lot of quality time and money turning this thing into a 4x4 monster, and it definitely has so much sentimental value to them. The father works in his garage repairing and modifying local offroad bikes and rigs. He had two more older Land Cruisers along with other offroad toys parked in his yard. I could easily tell he wouldn't cheap out building these kind of things and believes in doing it right from the beginning. The father loved this Land Cruiser and he actually did not want to let it go. I almost had to convince him to sell it. I'm very honored to own and drive such an awesome truck now, and I feel terribly sorry to the father and son for letting this out for sale again. I would love to keep it but this is my last semester in college and I'm moving out of state in couple months. I have a smaller car that I need to bring with me so I must find this truck another good home...

I've been daily driving this truck for last 5 months, and I'm almost too embarrassed to say that I've never taken this thing to offroad ever since I bought it. My original plan was to do some rust repairs on body to make it look nicer, but I was/am too busy catching up with my school work. I only had time to do the proper maintenance with synthetic oil changes at every 3000 miles, greasing components, and taking care of other fluids. This truck has been well taken care of but it's not perfect. It is not a show truck and it is built for trails and dunes. It could use some rust repair on the bottom of the driver door and under the rear hatch glass. There is a dent under the passenger side corner light and under the driver side tail light. It does have rust hole on passenger side floor. The motor is original 3FE and has approx. 230K miles. As you know, these motors are known for lasting over 300k with proper maintenance, and they do not have the head gasket issues like some newer Land Cruisers do. The original automatic transmission was replaced with a 90,000 mile unit out of a 92. The speedo isn't currently working but I'm pretty sure it only needs mechanical speedo cable to fix it. The speedo was the first thing I meant to fix but I just didn't have time for it. I've been driving around just fine with my GPS or smartphone app. The moonroof leaks a little water under heavy rain. Other than that, everything works flawlessly.

The truck cruises very smoothly with no funny noise/ vibration at any freeway speed and it gets up to 70-75mph and cruises just fine. I have the other car for DD so I'm in no rush to sell this truck. Asking $4700 OBO. No trades. I can be flexible with reasonable offers but certainly won't let this go to a random person who will destroy the truck. Bring cash if you want to test drive, no joy riding. Call or text at xxx-xxx-xxxx. The truck is located in Big Rapids, MI. Come check it out in person and you will fall in love with it as first sight like I did...

Here are some pictures. More pics are available upon request.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom