SOLD 1991 PZJ70 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
Red
1991 PZJ70 Land Cruiser short wheel base heavy duty diesel.

This rust free 70 series is powered by the Toyota 1PZ 3.5 liter naturally aspirated diesel engine. Vehicle currently has 224,226 km (139,327 miles) and is in excellent mechanical condition. I bought the vehicle from a reputable JDM importer in Seattle with all appropriate documentation in my possession and it has a clear Idaho title in my name.

This land cruiser has the 24 volt heavy duty electrical system, factory heat and A/C, 5 speed manual transmission, manual transfer case, automatic locking hubs, 4.10 axle ratio, manual throttle controller, power steering, power brakes, AM/FM stereo, rear defrost, and rear sliding windows. I also have the factory repair manuals in English, the original Japanese owner's manual, and an English owner's manual. The original Toyota tool kit, case, jack, and road flare are present as well. This truck is not equipped with factory lockers.

In the time I've had the vehicle I've performed numerous repairs and upgrades including:

Timing belt replaced 11/18/2017 @ 206,838 km
3" old man emu complete suspension system
Rebuilt front axle
New Toyota radiator
Freshly powder coated stock steel wheels
235/85 Pro Comp A/T tires
Rebuilt injector pump
Reupholstered/rebuilt front seat bases
Match tinted all windows
Vinyl wrap on roof and hood
Hella headlights
2 new Interstate batteries
Driveshafts rebalanced
New speakers for stereo
Weather tech floor liners
Doors dissembled and locks/window working parts cleaned and greased
New Toyota front brake rotors and pads
Rear drum brakes adjusted
Recently performed an oil/filter change, front diff oil change, air filter, transmission oil change, power steering fluid change, and checked/greased all points where necessary.
I have always ran a diesel lubricity additive when fueling up to compensate for ULSD.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things but I have all the receipts for everything. Truck cruises comfortably at 70 mph getting 23-25 mpg loaded with my camping gear.

The bad: paint clearcoat was beginning to fade on the hood and roof, so I added the vinyl wrap. The dome light does not light when the front doors are opened but functions properly otherwise. Vehicle has a few minor paint imperfections you would expect on a 29 year old vehicle. Front carpet is missing.

Again, this is a corrosion free 70 series. I was told the vehicle was originally owned by a gentleman who lived in southern Japan, which would explain it. The truck shows excellent proof of maintenance and care just by looking at the vehicle. All of the appropriate Japanese inspection/maintenance stickers are in place.

More information available upon request. Mud only allows 5 pictures and I have many more.
20190522_170806.jpg
20190522_170915.jpg
20190522_170846.jpg
20190522_171206.jpg
20190522_171422.jpg

Asking $14,500, reasonable offers will be considered.

Last edited:
1991 PZJ70 Land Cruiser short wheel base heavy duty diesel.

This rust free 70 series is powered by the Toyota 1PZ 3.5 liter naturally aspirated diesel engine. Vehicle currently has 224,226 km (139,327 miles) and is in excellent mechanical condition. I bought the vehicle from a reputable JDM importer in Seattle with all appropriate documentation in my possession and it has a clear Idaho title in my name.

This land cruiser has the 24 volt heavy duty electrical system, factory heat and A/C, 5 speed manual transmission, manual transfer case, automatic locking hubs, 4.10 axle ratio, manual throttle controller, power steering, power brakes, AM/FM stereo, rear defrost, and rear sliding windows. I also have the factory repair manuals in English, the original Japanese owner's manual, and an English owner's manual. The original Toyota tool kit, case, jack, and road flare are present as well. This truck is not equipped with factory lockers.

In the time I've had the vehicle I've performed numerous repairs and upgrades including:

Timing belt replaced 11/18/2017 @ 206,838 km
3" old man emu complete suspension system
Rebuilt front axle
New Toyota radiator
Freshly powder coated stock steel wheels
235/85 Pro Comp A/T tires
Rebuilt injector pump
Reupholstered/rebuilt front seat bases
Match tinted all windows
Vinyl wrap on roof and hood
Hella headlights
2 new Interstate batteries
Driveshafts rebalanced
New speakers for stereo
Weather tech floor liners
Doors dissembled and locks/window working parts cleaned and greased
New Toyota front brake rotors and pads
Rear drum brakes adjusted
Recently performed an oil/filter change, front diff oil change, air filter, transmission oil change, power steering fluid change, and checked/greased all points where necessary.
I have always ran a diesel lubricity additive when fueling up to compensate for ULSD.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things but I have all the receipts for everything. Truck cruises comfortably at 70 mph getting 23-25 mpg loaded with my camping gear.

The bad: paint clearcoat was beginning to fade on the hood and roof, so I added the vinyl wrap. The dome light does not light when the front doors are opened but functions properly otherwise. Vehicle has a few minor paint imperfections you would expect on a 28 year old vehicle. Front carpet is missing.

Again, this is a corrosion free 70 series. I was told the vehicle was originally owned by a gentleman who lived in southern Japan, which would explain it. The truck shows excellent proof of maintenance and care just by looking at the vehicle. All of the appropriate Japanese inspection/maintenance stickers are in place.

More information available upon request. Mud only allows 5 pictures and I have many more.View attachment 2007870View attachment 2007873View attachment 2007874View attachment 2007877View attachment 2007878

Asking $14,500, reasonable offers will be considered.

Last edited:
Price - $14,500

I don't remember if I mentioned it but the only reason I'm selling is my wife and I had another baby. I need a rig with more seats.

Last edited:
I had forgotten that the tachometer reads approximately 20% high. This doesn't affect the drivability of the rig in any way. Sorry for any confusion. I've lowered the price accordingly in all posts. Asking $14,500.

Last edited:
Some picture of the rocker panels, above and below, driver and passenger side.

20190912_124720.jpg

20190912_124706.jpg

20190912_124632.jpg

20190912_124556.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom