1991 price (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I stumbled across a 1991 that I am considering. I already have a FJ40 and 80 would be nice. The catch is that it has a blown motor. What do you think the LC is worth? I priced a few wrecking yard motors and was told if I can find one they might be $3-4000 or more.
Thanks for the input.

A 1991 with a blown motor could likely be had for quite a deal. I would guess between 2500 and 4000 depending on the rest of the truck. A Chebby 350 could be had for another 1000 and intalled for another. That gives you a good base for a nice trail rig for about ~$6k. Not bad considering that the newer ones are still costing closer to ~$10k.

No point in getting a 3FE with 139k for $1k when you could have a 350 crate motor for the same.

H,

93-94 is better vintage... 8)

Having gone the chevy 350 route twice previously, I personally like having a factory Toyota motor in the rig. No BS with the drivetrain or cooling system modifications; no worrying about stock guages working etc. No mixing and matching parts for your Toyota from a 1977 Chevy 3/4 ton truck, getting crappy aftermarket V8 junk.... my list could go on.

(Of course, I may still convert my 80 when it goes.... ;) 8) )

-H-

O yeah, when you get that crate motor, plan on spending another $1K to $5K on the fuel injection system, exhaust, intake manifold, water pump, pulleys, alternator, starter etc...

Dang, brings back the good 'ol days... :-\

Thanks for the information. I rebuilt the 2F in my FJ40 after everyone telling me all the stuff I would have to figure out. I think by the time I was done the cost worked out about the same as if I would of put a 350.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom