For Sale 1991 lhd HZJ73 with ac (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sale pending deposit received

I am selling my personal HZJ73, first time I saw this truck is when a good friend in Belgium brought it home from the dealership in 1993 as a certified secondhand,he kept and babied this cruiser up to 2008 when he sold it and imported a FJ Cruiser for him. At that time I was living in Latin America and did not know he was selling it :(

On one of my cruiser quests in Europe I happen to come across this cruiser again and bought it from the lady that bought it from my buddy,she kept it from 2008 until 2015 when I bought it from her,she used it to pull her single horse trailer around and only put about 10k miles on it in the 7 years she owned it,unfortunately she kept it outside while my buddy always parked it inside so I had to install a new windshield frame and replace the rocker panels and rear quarters around the wheelwells.

History lesson is over and let's move on to today's affairs.

In the 2 years that I had it I took it to several events and did many upgrades on it,the reason why I am selling it is that I want to build a more offroad based 73 and this one is to good and clean to sacrifice for that.

I have installed
ARB front bumper
Front LED headlights and new model grill and turn signals
Cruisin Offroad sliders
Reevesci rear bumper with dual swingouts (basket for second swing out is available,just not installed yet)
New front seats (these have the suspension bases)
New front OME suspension lift HD (left the older rear OME HD for more ride comfort)
Fiberglass windshield frame (will never rust again)
New Timing belt kit (last month)
Complete front axle rebuild including installing 4.56 gears and a Lock right locker
Rear axle got all new seals gaskets and a OEM limited slip locker with 4.56 gears
New rear brakes on the full floater axle (started today finish tomorrow ;) )
35 BFG KM2 tires on American Racing wheels (5)
Made up a short exhaust that connects to the aussie 6in1 exhaust collector (bit noisy not everyone likes it)
Painted it black again using PPG paint (not Pebble Beach concours but good decent Cruiser paint job)

I am probably forgetting a bunch of stuff that I have done in the past 2 years to it,I brought it several times to our Dallas Lone Star Cruiser meetings which is a nice 100 mile round trip and if there where no traffic jams it cruised nicely at 80 mph even with the 4.56 gears

Probably gonna regret selling this one as there are not to many LHD HZJ73's with factory ac and in the condition this one is in but alas I can't keep em all and this one will pay for my next build.

I charged the ac this summer and it works but has a small leak so I unplugged the compressor

I want to get 30K for it and it has 230K km or about 145 k miles ,I am not selling a perfect Cruiser as it is 26 years old but it is a nice and solid rig that I would drive anywhere tomorrow,I mentioned before it can cruise at 80/85 mph but 70 to 75mph is the sweet spot where you get plus 20mpg on 35's

Last edited:
IMG_0202.JPG
IMG_0203.JPG

Fantastic looking rig.

I've seen rust bucket HZJ73's and people want 22k+. This rig isn't even in the same league for only 8k more. Seems like a no-brainer. GLWTS.

Oh, and awesome @reevesci bumper with a @beno sticker.

WOW sweet rig! GLWS

Saving my pennies to buy a 12HT from you! ;)

Beautiful truck. Im surprised you never turbo charged it. Is that ARB bumper an upright or standard winch bumper?

Oops, looks like an 8274 bumper....

Can that rear bumper support a couple jeep cans?

Last edited:
Beautiful truck. Im surprised you never turbo charged it. Is that ARB bumper an upright or standard winch bumper?

Oops, looks like an 8274 bumper....

Can that rear bumper support a couple jeep cans?

It has one of those 6 in to 1 Aussie exhaust collectors on it to make ithe engine breathe a bit more freely,I never felt the need for a turbo on a 1HZ.

The bumper had an 8274 in it that started acting up a while ago so I removed it.

The rear bumper is a Reevesci and was designed to carry 2 jerrycans,I have the parts for it but never felt the need to install them plus I could not decide wether I wanted to use that side for fuel or a cooler.

Joe

I am selling my personal HZJ73, first time I saw this truck is when a good friend in Belgium brought it home from the dealership in 1993 as a certified secondhand,he kept and babied this cruiser up to 2008 when he sold it and imported a FJ Cruiser for him. At that time I was living in Latin America and did not know he was selling it :(

On one of my cruiser quests in Europe I happen to come across this cruiser again and bought it from the lady that bought it from my buddy,she kept it from 2008 until 2015 when I bought it from her,she used it to pull her single horse trailer around and only put about 10k miles on it in the 7 years she owned it,unfortunately she kept it outside while my buddy always parked it inside so I had to install a new windshield frame and replace the rocker panels and rear quarters around the wheelwells.

History lesson is over and let's move on to today's affairs.

In the 2 years that I had it I took it to several events and did many upgrades on it,the reason why I am selling it is that I want to build a more offroad based 73 and this one is to good and clean to sacrifice for that.

I have installed
ARB front bumper
Front LED headlights and new model grill and turn signals
Cruisin Offroad sliders
Reevesci rear bumper with dual swingouts (basket for second swing out is available,just not installed yet)
New front seats (these have the suspension bases)
New front OME suspension lift HD (left the older rear OME HD for more ride comfort)
Fiberglass windshield frame (will never rust again)
New Timing belt kit (last month)
Complete front axle rebuild including installing 4.56 gears and a Lock right locker
Rear axle got all new seals gaskets and a OEM limited slip locker with 4.56 gears
New rear brakes on the full floater axle (started today finish tomorrow ;) )
35 BFG KM2 tires on American Racing wheels (5)
Made up a short exhaust that connects to the aussie 6in1 exhaust collector (bit noisy not everyone likes it)
Painted it black again using PPG paint (not Pebble Beach concours but good decent Cruiser paint job)

I am probably forgetting a bunch of stuff that I have done in the past 2 years to it,I brought it several times to our Dallas Lone Star Cruiser meetings which is a nice 100 mile round trip and if there where no traffic jams it cruised nicely at 80 mph even with the 4.56 gears

Probably gonna regret selling this one as there are not to many LHD HZJ73's with factory ac and in the condition this one is in but alas I can't keep em all and this one will pay for my next build.

I charged the ac this summer and it works but has a small leak so I unplugged the compressor

I want to get 30K for it and it has 230K km or about 145 k miles ,I am not selling a perfect Cruiser as it is 26 years old but it is a nice and solid rig that I would drive anywhere tomorrow,I mentioned before it can cruise at 80/85 mph but 70 to 75mph is the sweet spot where you get plus 20mpg on 35's

Hi - New here; I had to join just to share with you that your rig is for sale over at 'topclassiccarsfor sale for only 10,600 - helluva deal -

DIESEL TOYOTA LAND CRUISER HZJ73 LEFT HAND DRIVE WITH AC for sale: photos, technical specifications, description

Listed it back on EBay today.

Good luck Joe. I am really surprised that one hasn't sold yet.

It would've of been sold had I been able to convince my wife we been another cruiser:D GLWS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom