1991 Land Cruiser fj80 with 68,000 original miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I may have found my self a good FJ80 to buy and get into the Land Cruiser family. It has almost 68,000 original miles. Only problem is , it has a blown head gasket. And Who knows what else. Here is the real question for you fellas. Is there a good place to find good interior replacement plastic? The cruiser is decent but was used as a disgruntled youth camp ranch. So hence the low miles. I believe it sitting and dry rotting is the reason for the low mileage blown head gasket.

A '91 (with the 3FE engine) shouldn't have a blown head gasket - the 1FZFE engine ('93 - '97) is prone to HG failures at higher mileages but the "tractor motor" in the '91 and '92 FJ80's do NOT typically experience this problem so.....be sure you understand what's truly wrong with the engine.

As far as replacement plastics, I don't have any input here.

If you're serious about the rig, I'm sure you can get it cheap given it's probably not running (or running well) and there's a lot of good information about reviving/refreshing the 3FE engine here on Mud (80 and 60-Series forums).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom