For Sale 1991 JDM LJ78 Land Cruiser 3B Diesel Turbo H55F 5 Speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey all, big forum lurker here but this is my first post. Although it breaks my heart, I have to let this truck go and I want it to go to someone who'll care for it and enjoy it. Just don't have the time to enjoy it like I used to.

Genuinely not sure how much to ask for it. I put it up on seattle/portland CL for 17k obo but thats just me taking a shot in the dark. I'm open to offers and really just want the truck to go to a good home.

1991 JDM LJ78 Landcruiser with 1983 3B 3.4 L Diesel + T3 Garret 48 trim turbocharger + H55F 5spd swap, 1983 Split T-case, Factory front & rear 4.88 diffs, Sitting on 35s. Has been the most reliable vehicle I've owned - no issues starting in the cold.

Full disclosure - I didn't do the build - yotahead (Jon) on here did it all. There's a build thread on here too that I can try and track down. The truck was built to be easy to work on and I have had no issues with it. Service work has been done at Radd Cruisers - a reputable shop on Vancouver Island.

Truck is currently located in Victoria, BC and is a BC registered vehicle. Ready for import into the US right now. Can take more pictures for interested parties.
345zdx3.jpg

iz81u8.jpg

Build Sheet:
Engine & Driveline:
-1983 3B 3.4 L Diesel
-1983 H55F 5spd
-1983 Split T-case
-Drive shafts custom lengthened
-1983 BJ60 front double-cardan mated to stock prado front driveshaft
-alluminium driveshaft spacer on front Driveshaft pinion end.
-Factory front & rear differentials 4.88 ratio
-Advance Adapters transfer case mount
-T3 Garret turbocharger 48 trim. custom length wastegate actuator.
-Manual boost controller set to 19psi. custom length spring.
-2.5" intercooler piping, intercooler and silicone couplers
-Injection pump diaphragm spring from 1979 240D Mercedes
-Injector nozzles new @ 250000kms
-Remote mount oil filter & stainless braided lines. Uses 1381 WIX(NAPA GOLD) filter.
-Racor Fuel Pre-filter/Water Seperator. Uses R12S Filter
-Key power push button start and glow plug circuits. Cole Hersee momentary switches and generic starter solenoids.
-Autometer Pyrometer, boost, oil pressure, and water temp gauges.
-Tiny Tach Digital Tachometer
-79 series Clutch master cylinder
-Front hubs converted from electric to manual. Allen key to lock/unlock
-Stainless Radiator Hoses and couplers from Siliconeintakes.com
-Moroso radiator cap tube and cap.

Wheels:
-1.5" wheel spacers with extended thread lugnuts
-ProComp 15x10 -38mm offset wheels with Gorrilla spline drive nuts and wheel locks
-Spare wheel generic chevy/toyota.
-Tire carrier flipped upside down and spaced out from door for small rear door clearance

Suspension & Frame:
-Dobinsons rear coil springs 4.5" lift. Spare set of Dobinsons front 4.5" springs.
-Iron Man Front 79 series landcruiser HD springs with 79 series polyurethane spacers from IRONMAN4x4.com / CAMEL4x4.com
-Rancho 9000xl Adjustable shocks
-Front Suspension links
-Ballistic Fabrication geasable rod ends(4) and bushings(4). 2.63" mount width. 1.25" x12tpi shank.
-2"x1/4" DOM Cold rolled tubing from Millenium Alloys
-All mounts by Ballistic Fabrication.
-Rear panhard bar drop from Man-A-Fre.com
-Adjustable front panhard bar
-panhard bushings from Nolathane Australia.
-Front high steer system from 4x4labs.com Custom bent arms and links. Chevy 1 ton tie rod ends and relay rod ends.

Body & Interior:
-Rear wheel arch flares from Pacerperformance.com / summitracing.com
-1998 Subaru WRX hood scoop
-JVC head unit with wiring for amp run under carpet.

Nice truck! I'm not a buyer at the moment but the US buyer would probably want to know if it has the original JDM VIN or does it have a BC Assigned VIN?

Nice truck! I'm not a buyer at the moment but the US buyer would probably want to know if it has the original JDM VIN or does it have a BC Assigned VIN?

Thanks! The paperwork has a BC assigned VIN but the truck has its original JDM VIN/Model/Engine Code/Trans/Axle/Plant riveted on. Can post a picture for those interested.

Thanks! The paperwork has a BC assigned VIN but the truck has its original JDM VIN/Model/Engine Code/Trans/Axle/Plant riveted on. Can post a picture for those interested.

The BC assigned Vin should not be an issue for export to the US,I have bought a few Cruisers that had BC assigned vin's and no problem to register them in Texas.

More pictures.....Motor, interior, undercarriage....
I'll try and take some more pictures before we head off on vacation on friday. If not, I'll update this thread once we get back on the 30th :)

Folks, please let me know if my price is out to lunch - not trying to rip anyone off here...

I have dropped the price to $15K OBO as i feel it better reflects the value of the truck.

Has approx 155K miles on body, 223K miles on motor running with no issues. Also, can't figure out how to edit the original post (usually there's an "edit" button on the bottom right?) but here are the known maintenance issues with the truck...
  • Minor leak from transfer case bell housing that can either be patched or replaced.
  • Requires an oil change and annual check up (brakes, susp, etc) - I'll do this before I sell the vehicle.

A couple videos and a picture for those interested...

A few points to note about the videos - the truck was cold started after sitting for 2 weeks outside in the cold. Had not come up to temp yet - I didn't have time to let it fully warm up, had a cab waiting to catch a flight. Ambient air temperature was approx 0 degrees Celsius.

Undercarriage: https://forum.ih8mud.com/media/lj78.50566/full

Video 1:

Video 2:

Cool rig! Good luck with the sale.

Great truck and I wish you the best with your sale!

Great truck and I wish you the best with your sale!

Thanks!

Major update:
Major service was just completed on the truck today including oil change, coolant flush, front calipers, rotors and pads replaced. $1600 worth of work completed.

Minor update:
Dobinson spare springs sold, right rear door handle broken - replacement is being located and will be provided to new owner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom