1991 HDJ81 - for sale- 5 speed locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1991 HDJ81 - for sale- 5 speed with factory lockers $15,000.00

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD
$15,000.00

truck has all the goodies, mostly factory.
VX model with heated seats, heated fuel pump etc.
power sunroof
power mirrors
power seats
power windows (strong motors)
power everything
A/C & rear heat
factory electric front and rear lockers,
factory winch (custom cruisin bumper) new sythetic Amstel blue
cruisin sliders and factory running boards
3" aluminum exhuast with Aero muffler (ATEB)
Brand new OME nitro charger sport shocks with OME 2" lift springs (med rear heavy front)
heated oil pan
Cobra 75 CB radio with KC40 removable antena
Sony CD with Ipod
BFG AT KOS (285/75/R16) with over 80% tread, American racing mohave Teflon wheels all 5
IPF lights
new headlights that meet North american regulations with night hawk bulbs. real deal not chinese copies. cost me 900 alone!
new windshield
Husky liner floor mats complete set (carpet super clean)
shoulder seat belts in rear seat, not lap belts.
blah blah
way too much to list

I am 3rd owner (purchased from dealership in Japan) with 85,000km on it. full service records from date of purchase to now including original owner who serviced at dealership.
2nd owner purchased on my behalf to bring to me so really I am second owner. there were no modifications done in Japan, all mods were done here. I have owned for 3 1/2 years.

176,000 km

Howes additive used every other fill.

all maintenance and services done including delo 400 oil changes every 4000 km.
ACSD removed and capped by Fred Holmes, fuel system recently purged.
BEB obviously done at 85,000 km.
new rear main seal
new intake manifold gasket
new front calipers, pads and bearings

No rust or serious body damage
Interior super clean
There are scratches on the paint though:D

see my garage for details if you are interested

serious enquiries only, no joy rides and if you cant drive stick keep looking;)
Cheers
washed Hdj81.jpg
waxed Hdj81.jpg
IMG00042-20110529-1958.jpg

Last edited:
Selling Price?

price here

Sorry. forgot that minor detail:rolleyes:

asking around 18 grand, see where that negotiates too

Thanks.

Hitting forehead with plank...

I dont recall asking for smart ass comments...
:flipoff2:
maybe stick the rover rangers forum!

Hitting forehead with plank...

It seems like a great deal, and I'm broke as a joke....

That's a beauty of a truck, Shawn. Maybe if it takes you long enough to sell it I'll be able to summon up the fundage to add another to the fleet. Would love to have a 5-speed!

You take a VW Golf in trade?

Same here. I wish I had the funds too, I would love to get my hands on a 5spd. I'm using what ever cash I have on building my truck up for a September trip to Yellowstone.

Ooooo very nice!

....I'll pass thou, I think im about the only one that would pass on a 5 speed as I'm too tall, shifting would be a PITA.

Cheers!

Ooooo very nice!

....I'll pass thou, I think im about the only one that would pass on a 5 speed as I'm too tall, shifting would be a PITA.

Cheers!

You think your tall? I might have you beat at 6'7".
Yet again I have been wrong.

Nice 81 btw!

*cough* 6'8" *cough*

Lol

Not interested in the 80, it is nice for an 80 I guess.:hillbilly: I'm interested in the plan. Going for an auto 80 (one cheaper than yours) as a dd, then beater 60 for wheelin?

If all you want is a DD and occasional 4WD, then I would consider a Delica or a Pajero. They both get much better fuel milage than an 81. I was quite impressed with them in Timor Leste. Even though they are IFS, they take a beating and keep on going. You can get yourself a 60 for wheeling. You might even find yourself with some money left over once you have it all set-up the way you want.

Pick up a 7* or a 4*.
For a daily buy a old MB diesel or a tdi if you want a diesel.
My dad just bought a yaris for driving back and forth to work out of town.

the plan...

I have a 5 speed BJ40 turbo lined up for my wheelin truck.
for the DD I am looking for a unmodified, unmolested 81 with no lift and nothing more than decent tires.
It will cost me a few more bucks but gives me the piece of mind that I have a ride to work Monday morning. Plus the 40 fits in my garage better:D
Thats the plan.

or keep 5 speed beast and lease a VWgolf TDI.:meh:

Not interested in the 80, it is nice for an 80 I guess.:hillbilly: I'm interested in the plan. Going for an auto 80 (one cheaper than yours) as a dd, then beater 60 for wheelin?

That's what I would do, or buy an older Yaris (keep it toyota!), or Civic if that's all you need for work.

Fuel savings alone might pay for the lease, though. A diesel golf/wagon just sips fuel.

You have such a great truck; are you sure you want to start all over again....? Just my $0.02

If all you want is a DD and occasional 4WD, then I would consider a Delica or a Pajero....

I notice head gasket and cracked head comes up more often then coincidence with the local mitsu's?

I have a 5 speed BJ40 turbo lined up for my wheelin truck.
for the DD I am looking for a unmodified, unmolested 81 with no lift and nothing more than decent tires.

I like the BJ40 plan, unless you have a family to take wheeling with you may as well go in style, old school. If I were able to downsize again (how'd I end up with 5 LC's :eek:), I'd have the 40 and a small car as DD.

Good luck with the sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom