craigslist 1991 HDJ80 VX Limited British Columbia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could one potentially drive this into the US and not worry about, say, registration and title for six years or so?

I know, small details...

Could one potentially drive this into the US and not worry about, say, registration and title for six years or so?

I know, small details...

I guess if you had the seller sign a second bill of sale with the date marked six years from now. :D (assuming you could just drive it across the border and park it in your garage). The odds of someone doing that and having the restraint to not drive it for six years is probably minimal. :lol:

If you did that I think this thing would appreciate in value by quite a bit. Just think of all the high mile HDJ81 that will be nice and rusty by the time that we can send down south. Store this in a garage and you'll have a very nice, very rare vehicle...for someone in the states that is

Hmmmm....As a dealer in the states, I would consider buying this and just throwing a dealer tag on it. No other way to title it for another 6 years? Not up on these things.

Hmmmm....As a dealer in the states, I would consider buying this and just throwing a dealer tag on it. No other way to title it for another 6 years? Not up on these things.

You can put a import tag on it for a year (I don't remember exactly what they call it). The problem with that being that it's temporary in nature and the vehicle must vacate the states at the end of that year. You couldn't put that tag on it, store it for the next five years, and then claim that you had just brought it in.

I imported a 300ZX for a friend of mine a few years back. She was a U.S. citizen and ended up driving it down to Texas, where she got it registered and insured no problem. It was all done "legally", but she completely bypassed the RI and the registry office didn't seem to notice.

Worked out for her, but who knows if the same would work for you.

I imported a 300ZX for a friend of mine a few years back. She was a U.S. citizen and ended up driving it down to Texas, where she got it registered and insured no problem. It was all done "legally", but she completely bypassed the RI and the registry office didn't seem to notice.

Worked out for her, but who knows if the same would work for you.

The 300ZX was sold here. There may have been no RI requirement. That's a totally different animal than a diesel LC. :2cents:

You would have to have a petrol vehicle and swap everything over. Then re-title it as a diesel and I think have it bonded. I know this can be done in Ga. You can bring t into California...chances are DMV won't catch it because the title will read "DIESEL". Also, you won't have to worry about smog because at the present time the year is except. California sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom