1991 HDJ80 1HDT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My heater core has failed and I’m looking for a replacement if my original isn’t repairable. It’s been imported from Spain to the US. Anyone have any idea if it’s interchangeable with other models or where to find a new one?

If it's RHD I'm nearly positive it's NOT interchangeable, unless perhaps those FJ/FZJ are also RHD.

I think this is what you need but it's OOS:

Compare to photos here and the difference is obvious:

I'll try and compare my RHD one to my friends LHD one and see how similar they are and let you know. they're in the same spot so I think it would stand a chance of being similar enough to make work.

I'll try and compare my RHD one to my friends LHD one and see how similar they are and let you know. they're in the same spot so I think it would stand a chance of being similar enough to make work.
If it's RHD I'm nearly positive it's NOT interchangeable, unless perhaps those FJ/FZJ are also RHD.

I think this is what you need but it's OOS:

Compare to photos here and the difference is obvious:

It’s LHD so maybe I’ll luck out

The tube bends are clearly different between LHD & RHD, however someone once mentioned to me that maybe the entire box itself is interchangeable between the models?

Also worth noting is that early HDJs have different bends than later, don't remember the cutoff now but probably '92-ish like all the other stuff on these rigs. It's a very tricky component to replace, but being LHD maybe it simply crosses straight over to FJ/FZJ. What are the Toyota P/Ns?

Shatbox HDJ is LHD (like 99% of cars in Spain). If the bends are really different between early and late models
(what I doubt) , it can be solved with a different peace of rubber hose or with the soldering iron.

Looks like it's the same part number in LHD HDJ80 and FZJ80

Screenshot_20220921-220447.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom