SOLD 1991 HDJ77 LX Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1991 PZJ77 LX Toyota Land Cruiser JDM, 1HD-T, H55F 5spd

Well, regretfully, my vehicle needs have changed and I am putting my baby up for sale. I have owned this truck since May 2007 with 142,000km on it. Although I loved the truck itself, the PZ was leaving me wanting more. I found a 1HD-T for sale, bought it, and installed it(read more details below) to be as factory looking as possible. The truck has provided me and my wife lots of good road trips down the Oregon Coast, Colorado, Utah and just pokin around Southern BC. This Cruiser unfortunately and almost regretfully has been almost a pavement princess. It does get a work out once in a while to get a load of firewood or take me to a trailhead, but has not gotten any serious off-roading. It has treated me very well since installing the 1HD-T with only regular maintenance required.

All mileage references are what is on vehicle at time of replacement unless otherwise noted

Originally a PZJ77/R151 5spd. Removed PZ/R151 and replaced with 1HD-T/H55F in 2010.
Currently 296,000 km on truck
Never smoked in...since i have owned it

INTERIOR:
Great shape. Dash is solid, headliner is perfect, seats are all 10/10 except driver side has a small showing of wear, but no tears. Suspension seat bases up front cushion your ride. Door panels all in excellent condition. Minor scuffs in rear cargo area. Carpet is 9/10.
Silver(grey) cloth interior
A/C
Manual windows
Manual locks
power mirrors
Pioneer stereo with aftermarket speakers
24/12V converter in glove box
2-12v outlets in cargo area and 1-12v outlet under dash
Rear factory built-in utility box under carpet
Pyrometer gauge
Boost gauge

EXTERIOR:
Paint is really good and shiny. Minor scuffs and chips like any 25 yr old vehicle. Small dent/crease by rear right tail light. Small rust starting on right front fender and rear quarters behind tire. Frame excellent shape with little to no rust. I sprayed the frame, complete underside of vehicle and inside all of the doors with Fluid Film every fall.
Silver body colour - factory
New windshield
ARB front bull bar
24V Toyota winch
H4 headlamps
Driving lights
ARB Safari rack
16" Toyota steel wheels painted black
235/85R16 Goodyear Duratrac 40-50% tread
Spare tire on rear door 235/85R16 Toyo M-55
2" OME springs/shocks/stabilizer/shackles
Front knuckles rebuilt in 2016 (bearings and all seals) (@274,000km)
Tie rod ends replaced (@274,000km)
2-1/2" Stainless Steel mandrel bent exhuast front to back installed with magnaflow muffler(@274,000km) Sounds really nice and you can hear the turbo whistle!!
Front brake pads (@254,000km)
Rear ladder
Rear bumper, ladder, hitch - powder coated black
Old rusty full floater center caps on rear axle are fake....just thought they looked cool!

DRIVETRAIN:
Currently 247,000 km on 1HD-T engine
Currently 66,000 km on new H55F transmission
Regular oil changes, past 5 years been running Shell Rotella T6 Synthetic
24V everything (except stereo)
Timing belt/water pump (@230,000km)
Rear main seal replaced when engine installed (@230,000km)
Bottom End Bearings replaced by previous owner of engine
Injectors replaced by previous owner of engine
Glow plugs(Toyota) replaced (@236,000km)
Exidy H.D. Clutch kit when trans installed
Transfer case rebuilt with Terrain Tamer kit when swap happened
Bell housing and flywheel from HZ engine
Rebuilt Radiator (@230,000km)
New rad hoses
New belts A/C, alternator (@282,000km)
Zerostart circulation heater
Rebuilt 24v alternator (@282,000km)
Power steering
Power brakes
Manual locking Aisan hubs (electronic hubs removed before i owned vehicle)
Semi-floating rear axle
Frame is solid and factory black paint is in mint condition. Lots of JDM cruisers have the "lets paint the frame before we send it to north america" painted frame. Not this one

Serious interest: I have more photos to send via email

20170630_115129_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Last edited:
Cool, thanks for the information, haven't seen that concept in cruisers before. Reminds of my part time job in college of driving an offload dump truck [was air suspension], but same concept. I see how things could get sensitive on the throttle off-road.....

cool cruiser, GLWS!!

If the engine is the issue bringing it to the USA....pull the engine and bring it down without the engine. Then bring down the engine and install it. You got your self a mighty fine Cruiser

Hard to believe this is still for sale. Nice truck. Someone will be very happy with it.

It could be. Haven't really put any effort into selling since i sold my old Westfalia (and i absolutely love this cruiser!)

@SteadFast Let me know your thoughts in a private message. I already sent you one.

Hah, no! Believe me....I had no idea that all of you cruiser heads were all talk!

Just joking. I am a cruiserhead that is not so secretly glad no one has snagged it. I am just utterly amazed that it is still sitting in my driveway. I used it a little bit this summer, but other than that it has been parked since last fall. This is my dream cruiser that just doesn't work for me right now as i had to buy a pickup truck to satisfy my business needs.

For the money this truck is priced very fair.
If I were to do it all again the 1hd-t would be the ticket if I wanted to turbo a 1HZ.
Bump for this gem of a rig.

This truck is over 25 years old, yes? I've not heard of the agents going into and underneath inspecting everything from bumper to bumper. I have never heard of someone being turned away but I don't read every single import thread either.

I do agree that it depends on the agent and his/her mood.

Good luck with your sale. Nice truck.

There is of course some reporting error that we have to account for in *not hearing* someone being turned away for an engine swap of this kind, because the importer would not have been successful and therefore may be a bit ashamed to admit that they were turned away by CBP. In any case, the seller has indicated that one could remove the 1HDT to import. That sounds like a workable solution.

I have not been pushing the sale of this Cruiser, and more so keeping it for fun use instead of daily driver. However it may get listed again as other projects are on my brain. We took it on a 5,000km road trip through Mo, Wy, Co, Ut, Id and it has performed perfectly. If there is any serious interest in this please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom