SOLD 1991 FJ80 WHITE, 3FE, $14,000. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
White
We bought this beast two years ago and I started the baseline process.
218k miles on it as of today and I do drive it regularly

At this time it is a solid rig with fresh fluids all around.
Tires are in great shape and only 1.5yrs old 35 Wrangler MTR Kevlar.
Just added a second battery but not connected yet
Warn 12k winch
PIAA led headlights in driving but not high beam.
All driveline joints are new OEM
1yr on front brakes, all OEM parts
Full brake line flush (twice)
New OEM thermostat and toyota red coolant
rebuilt OEM dizzy, New bearings and electronics
Kenwood Stereo, Kicker speakers through out, Bluetooth, handfree audio,
All door window rubber replaced, window channels and most window motors
Removed catalytic converters, straight pipe, wrapped with heat material
New plugs and wires
K&N filter
ARB bull bar
Australian Kaymar bumper with swing out tire and gas can
Weather Tech floor mats front, rear, and back.
Safari snorkel
New OEM gasket on engine inspection panel
Rebuilt OEM power steering pump (needs to have gear box rebuilt due to leaks)
All pullys have new bearings from Japan.

Its easier to list what needs done or at least what I am aware of.
Needs to be geared for the 35's
Interior is good but not great
Rear slider windows need new rubber
No emissions, so if you have to pass then you will need the box of parts I saved.
Paint is good but not perfect, looks to have been repaired on the back driver side quarter panel at some point.

15970040127607321992613612246688.jpg

20190724_180255.jpg

I missed some other great opportunities here due to some life circumstances, but now I’m back in the market and this machine looks like a good candidate. Is it still on the market? What’s the price on this?

I missed some other great opportunities here due to some life circumstances, but now I’m back in the market and this machine looks like a good candidate. Is it still on the market? What’s the price on this?
She is still for sale, I am probably being a bit of a pain in people's butt cause I want to ensure she goes to a good home. Would this be your first TLC?

She is still for sale, I am probably being a bit of a pain in people's butt cause I want to ensure she goes to a good home. Would this be your first TLC?
Just read your profile, 97 is a sweet year! To be honest we are only selling because we are leaving Oregon ASAP and don't "need" the TLC.

We bought this beast two years ago and I started the baseline process.
218k miles on it as of today and I do drive it regularly

At this time it is a solid rig with fresh fluids all around.
Tires are in great shape and only 1.5yrs old 35 Wrangler MTR Kevlar.
Just added a second battery but not connected yet
Warn 12k winch
PIAA led headlights in driving but not high beam.
All driveline joints are new OEM
1yr on front brakes, all OEM parts
Full brake line flush (twice)
New OEM thermostat and toyota red coolant
rebuilt OEM dizzy, New bearings and electronics
Kenwood Stereo, Kicker speakers through out, Bluetooth, handfree audio,
All door window rubber replaced, window channels and most window motors
Removed catalytic converters, straight pipe, wrapped with heat material
New plugs and wires
K&N filter
ARB bull bar
Australian Kaymar bumper with swing out tire and gas can
Weather Tech floor mats front, rear, and back.
Safari snorkel
New OEM gasket on engine inspection panel
Rebuilt OEM power steering pump (needs to have gear box rebuilt due to leaks)
All pullys have new bearings from Japan.

Its easier to list what needs done or at least what I am aware of.
Needs to be geared for the 35's
Interior is good but not great
Rear slider windows need new rubber
No emissions, so if you have to pass then you will need the box of parts I saved.
Paint is good but not perfect, looks to have been repaired on the back driver side quarter panel at some point.

View attachment 2398373

View attachment 2398374

20200827_192445.jpg

20200827_192410.jpg

20200827_192039.jpg

20200827_192025.jpg

Price is in posting title. EGR is deleted along with catalytic converters so it's a no go with your California smog laws. This one is older 80 series with 3FE engine.

Price is in posting title. EGR is deleted along with catalytic converters so it's a no go with your California smog laws. This one is older 80 series with 3FE engine.
I will ensure the posting comes down as soon as I have cash in hand, that said I am will to negotiate on price with mud members. Worst case scenario we keep it and it becomes the snow rig in Montana!! Woot Wooot!!

Yeah, I saw the price after posting the message - thanks for following up. Definitely won’t do the smog piece, that’s for sure. Not necessarily an issue depending on the next few month, but you’re right that it would be something to sort out. Love the rig, regardless.

Yeah, I saw the price after posting the message - thanks for following up. Definitely won’t do the smog piece, that’s for sure. Not necessarily an issue depending on the next few month, but you’re right that it would be something to sort out. Love the rig, regardless.
Thanks! I do have most of the smog components... but by no means would I try and imply it would pass emmisions if you put them back on... LOL...

I'm literally over the mountain from you in Beaverton and I saw your ad when it hit Craigslist for a second awhile back. This is exactly what I been looking for. If you are around when I get my really low mileage 2007 Tahoe sold, I may just have enough to make an offer. As I said, it's exactly what I been looking for. I know the 3FE is always down on power, but how does she go without the re-gearing for those big tires?

I'm literally over the mountain from you in Beaverton and I saw your ad when it hit Craigslist for a second awhile back. This is exactly what I been looking for. If you are around when I get my really low mileage 2007 Tahoe sold, I may just have enough to make an offer. As I said, it's exactly what I been looking for. I know the 3FE is always down on power, but how does she go without the re-gearing for those big tires?
She goes okay... when in 4L she does fine crawling. Also part of why I am not asking for more $. She would certainly benefit from better matched gears. At this point if she does not sell by the time we move to Montana I will be putting in 4:88's.

She goes okay... when in 4L she does fine crawling. Also part of why I am not asking for more $. She would certainly benefit from better matched gears. At this point if she does not sell by the time we move to Montana I will be putting in 4:88's.
Just wanted to confirm she is still for sale, for anyone wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom