1991 FJ80 series distributor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had to change out their distributor in their 1991 fj80? If so which brand or part # did you go with. I'm in a pickle with mine right now. Seems this is the last verdict on why it wont start. Dealership has it and cant order the part because of the age of vehicle.

Has anyone had to change out their distributor in their 1991 fj80? If so which brand or part # did you go with. I'm in a pickle with mine right now. Seems this is the last verdict on why it wont start. Dealership has it and cant order the part because of the age of vehicle.
Most dealers are useless when it comes to a 30 year old vehicle as the truck is older than the tech working on it.
I suggest you find a Land Cruiser specialty shop in your area.

There are test procedures in the Toyota Factory Service Manual for the entire ignition system, so there should be no guesswork here.
Here is a link to some basic troubleshooting.

Here is one. You may find it a bit cheaper elsewhere. Unless it specifically says Toyota / OEM , you are getting a Chinese knock-off. Which are easily found with a Toyota part number search 19100-61240. Cruiser Parts sells used, but you don't always know what you are getting in terms of quality. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Most dealers are useless when it comes to a 30 year old vehicle as the truck is older than the tech working on it.
I suggest you find a Land Cruiser specialty shop in your area.

There are test procedures in the Toyota Factory Service Manual for the entire ignition system, so there should be no guesswork here.
Here is a link to some basic troubleshooting.
Thank you sir!

Here is one. You may find it a bit cheaper elsewhere. Unless it specifically says Toyota / OEM , you are getting a Chinese knock-off. Which are easily found with a Toyota part number search 19100-61240. Cruiser Parts sells used, but you don't always know what you are getting in terms of quality. Best of luck.
Thank you Sir!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom