1991 FJ80 Power Steering Hose Assembly (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The FJ80 power steering hose assembly is obsolete.

This guy makes them, but I'm in Canada. FJ80 3FE High Pressure Power Steering LINE HOSE TUBE Feed 1/90 - 8/92 - VintageTEqParts.com - https://vintageteqparts.com/collections/everything-else-hardware-fsms-shop-manuals-special-teq-stuff/products/copy-of-high-pressure-power-steering-line-hose-fits-8-80-9-87-fj60-2f-call-out-44321

This gent seems to have had someone make it for him in 3 parts, which would be amazing because Mud wisdom indicates that you have to pull the radiator to pull the hoses (which is what I did)

What have you guys done to get this part replaced? I'm open to suggestions- building something 'better' could be cool.

I got an industrial parts supplier specializing in hydraulic hoses to rebuild it. $140 Canadian.
The hard part was finding someone to do it, but if my town of 20,000 has someone yours probably will too.

My high pressure line looks to be leaking as well, from a number of spots. Seems like from any of the crimped areas. Very slight, though. Does anyone know why this is? Is it common? My return line looks to be leak free.

Nice that ToyotaMatt has an OEM option. I am curious though if a RockAuto option would be adequate as well? It sounds like for the FZJ80, it's a good bet: Power steering Pump Leak: Rebuild or Replace - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/power-steering-pump-leak-rebuild-or-replace.1318176/#post-15066987

I need to rebuild the pump, so might want to tackle both at the same time.

My high pressure line looks to be leaking as well, from a number of spots. Seems like from any of the crimped areas. Very slight, though. Does anyone know why this is? Is it common? My return line looks to be leak free.
Well, your high pressure line is now 32 years old. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom