craigslist 1991 FJ80 (not mine) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
White
Outside Link
https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/pts/d/la-center-1991-toyota-land-cruiser-fj80/7152656057.html
If the frame is good on this one it looks like a nice platform to play with. Too far from me to even think about.

9AA3050C-25AB-4348-9C76-933A7634D755.jpeg

I am moving to Seattle and really considering this to do a V8 swap and some additional work. Would love a second set of eyes on the pics I attached from the owner. He said title is clear and in his name, no initial red flags. Any input would be extremely appreciated.

Looks clean. Hard to tell from those pics about the frame but if I weren’t so far away I’d think it was worth seeing in person.

Also. If you were going to do a motor swap I’m sure you could sell the 3fe with it’s harness and down pipe and get $500-$1000 even if the block is no good.

Super helpful, thank you Seth! Researching swap options on the forum as I know there are a lot of options out there. Was not looking for a project, but like you said if the frame is clean would be be a good platform to build on.

Also. If you were going to do a motor swap I’m sure you could sell the 3fe with it’s harness and down pipe and get $500-$1000 even if the block is no good.

I hang out in the 60 forum mostly but I watch for 80 deals now and then. Like most vehicles if the body and chassis are clean then everything else is just nuts and bolts or wiring.

I don’t know what it would take but I’d imagine putting in a 1Fzfe from a later 80 would be a economical swap with fewer headaches and a nice power jump over the old 3fe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom