For Sale 1991 FJ80 New Mexico (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

**** SOLD ****

1991 FJ80 for sale in Albuquerque, NM. 259,000 miles. One family owned since the mid-1990's. Sold new in Santa Fe and spent the rest of it's life in Albuquerque, so always a New Mexico truck and therefore NO RUST. Always well maintained, never abused or off-roaded. This was my mom's daily driver for years. I've had it for the last 8 years and used it as a second vehicle.

Living its life in the high desert, the paint on the top surfaces is sun-faded and the clear coat is failing. It definitely needs a paint job if you want it to look nice. There's minor hail damage on the roof but the hood was replaced so it's straight. The interior is in great condition for the age and mileage. It always had seat covers on the front seats, so they're in excellent condition with no splits or tears except the vinyl on the side of the driver seat. Rear seats are also excellent, no problems. Comes with the optional third row seats that we only used a couple times. There are a couple small cracks in the dash and a few other small flaws, but overall the interior is very nice.

Mechanically, the truck runs great. No smoke, the transmission shifts well, steering is good. The front axle was rebuilt about 30,000 miles ago by ih8mud's own beno (Onur) when he lived in Albuquerque. We replaced the birfields with new factory Toyota parts, as well as all the other parts that get replaced in a front axle rebuild ($$$$). Also new shocks around that time. I replaced the water pump with a Toyota water pump a couple thousand miles ago, and replaced all the belts and hoses and thermostat while I was at it. Recent AGM battery. Brand new factory front brake pads. Good Michelin tires. It was always well maintained.

Sunroof works, all the windows work and glass is good except for a couple chips in the windshield. AC was converted to R134 and blows cold. Things that don't work: cruise control, CD player, power antenna, rear hatch power lock, mirrors are loose.

Comes with: third row seats, new power antenna mast, extra radio/CD player, full set of new Toyota U-joints, several Toyota oil filters, Haynes manual, original owners manual.

Basically this is good truck that you can use as-is, fix up over time, or repaint it and have a really nice looking 80. I hate to sell part of the family but I just don't drive it much anymore and have way too many projects.

$5,500 SOLD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom