1991 FJ80 A Pillar / Hinge Pillar Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings,

A few years back, my SO got into a fender bender with our 91 FJ-80. A truck ran a red light in front of her and she slid sideways into them. Insurance 'totaled' the vehicle and I bought it back for a price i couldn't pass up. It has sat on our property ever since & I am just now getting around to resurrecting it. Damage is relatively minimal. The majority of the damage is on the lower A pillar. It is crushed inward a bit and will either need to be straightened out or have a new section welded in. The rest of the truck is straight (frame, body, etc). I have a door and fender ready to mount up and have a source for a replacement pillar if needed. I have called around to some local collision shops and have been rejected by all of them. Nobody seems to want to take on the job. It seems strange to me, but I understand they make more $ on insurance jobs.

Can anyone recommend a shop in the midwest (I'm in MN) that would take this kind of work? Is it crazy to think this pillar can be straightened out? I've attached some pics of the damage for reference.

20211124_201253.jpg

20211124_201305.jpg

20211124_201317.jpg

20211124_201351.jpg

BUMP

I am still unable to find anyone willing to take on this work. Does anyone have any ideas? Are there any magic words I need to say on the phone to make the job seem worthwhile?

I wouldn't want a shop to straighten that. It's a major structural element that I wouldn't want to fail in another accident or roll over etc

Change track, try to find someone to cut it out and replace it. Straighten the superficial stuff around it, but not the pillar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom