1991 FJ80 3FE conversion to 1HZ-turbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome project @CarolinaCrusier! I would someday like to stick a Toyota diesel under the hood of my '91. 1HZ-T would be an attractive option due to the bio-fuel friendliness of the IDI design and simplicity of the 1HZ.

As you may have already figured out, your stock full-time 4WD transfer case isn't going to bolt to that H55F. From what I gather you'll probably need a split case from a 60/62 series (part-time 4WD).

This thread might help shed some light on what you'd be in for with regards to driveline mods (if you haven't read it already):

H42 four speed manual transmission into 1992 FJ80

Cheers

My build is I hold currently. I am in the military and initially started the project back in Aug2020 but deployed again Dec2020. I will not be home until summer2021. My garage is is full of LC parts and components.
Looks like we are in the same situation. I am PCS'd to Ghana and I brought my 80 series with me. I just bought a wrecked 76 series wagon and have pulled the 1HZ and R151 gearbox. About to begin the same project you are. Had you gotten into anything with the wiring harness?

Looks like we are in the same situation. I am PCS'd to Ghana and I brought my 80 series with me. I just bought a wrecked 76 series wagon and have pulled the 1HZ and R151 gearbox. About to begin the same project you are. Had you gotten into anything with the wiring harness?
I haven’t yet and I don’t want to part with it until I am sure I will not need it.

My build is I hold currently. I am in the military and initially started the project back in Aug2020 but deployed again Dec2020. I will not be home until summer2021. My garage is is full of LC parts and components.
Speaking of the 1HZ, thought I would check in to see if you're still in a holding pattern with the project or has it progressed at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom