SOLD 1991 FJ80 1-Owner 59,000 Miles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(223, 19, 19)
Very low mileage - 58,849mi - vehicle, that I have owned since it was new. It has always been an “extra” car for us and thus the low miles. It was never used for 4-wheeling. It was garaged until recently. Any small rust spots were fixed before they went beyond the surface. Very clean, all original, even the floor mats. The left front fender was replaced when the original one was damaged by road debris - the same color so it wasn’t repainted. Clean carfax report. No collisions. A detailed Maintenance record is included. Since I wasn’t using it I took the insurance off a couple of years ago, but have started it and maintained it.

It has had normal, very minor issues - nothing associated with the engine, transmission or drive train. It has been maintained in excess of scheduled maintenance requirements. The oxygen sensor and some brake lines rusted and were replaced. A copper contact in the starter solenoid was replaced. The A/C needs to be charged. It doesn’t have a spare tire because I had a set of snow tires on rims that I sold a few years ago.

The vehicle is located in Duluth, MN. $19,950

51F92536-2FA6-4331-8B09-DC8A8ABB66E4.jpeg

AC190420-0B66-4772-9A88-2A902B4331F3.jpeg

0660E90A-571A-4D2F-8290-821A5ACBAEFB.jpeg

3BA4AF7E-8EC8-4E4C-A274-6008A1753054.jpeg

Undercarriage pictures please

Also pictures of interior and engine bay. And does this have the factory lockers? I know this truck is a rare example with the amount of miles but but for a 30 year old truck that almost doesn't matter. There are others going for the same price that are 1fz, have lockers, and in superb condition.

Also pictures of interior and engine bay. And does this have the factory lockers? I know this truck is a rare example with the amount of miles but but for a 30 year old truck that almost doesn't matter. There are others going for the same price that are 1fz, have lockers, and in superb condition.
91 year model did not have e-lockers as an option. And low mileage original owner cruisers will matter when it comes to the sale price

This is a prob a 3fe and more a weekend cruiser , not a mud truck to pick up pin striping. Appreciate it what is. Price is good for this example once the undercarriage n interior match mileage

The reason I asked for undercarriage pictures, beyond the obvious, is that I emailed with the seller a few weeks ago off his craigslist ad. I asked for undercarriage pics then but didn’t receive any.

Minnesota vehicle are notoriously susceptible to rust, but with ~60k miles maybe this one is the exception?

If the undercarriage is rust free - clean knuckle balls and driveshaft and the interior is clean it would be decent , IMHO

The reason I asked for undercarriage pictures, beyond the obvious, is that I emailed with the seller a few weeks ago off his craigslist ad. I asked for undercarriage pics then but didn’t receive any.

Minnesota vehicle are notoriously susceptible to rust, but with ~60k miles maybe this one is the exception?
yes sir. that's a must. I'm guessing the seller is a bit more mature (like the old dude I'm becoming) and having bought the truck new (pricy vehicle for it's times) he might be of the generation that's not be too savy on the net. he joined mud yesterday and by your feedback about no response to the CL ad, he may not be too familiar with the process of selling a truck. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, but who knows.

The truck was originally Zeibarted. I kept that up until they closed, then I spray oil and undercoating to reduce rust. There is some crust on the outside of the metal, but when I’ve worked on it, such as replacing brake lines, I’ve found the brushing off the crust leads to a clean metal fitting, and not a rusted part. I tended not to use this in the winter when salt was on the roads, because it was a hobby car. And it has been run on salted roads at all in the last 10+ years. I have replaced several brake lines that rusted and leaked. Here’s the engine. I’ll pst pictures of the underside.

2CCC2D88-A1FC-411D-9B6F-18C067C68F93.jpeg

A28B3177-F79C-40AB-9709-D89E13561329.jpeg

72446292-1547-4EBC-AEC5-F11244E10AA9.jpeg

B3DF191B-2803-4531-803A-CA91AB122F76.jpeg

6D4B5678-E39C-43EA-A317-D5CCA815F2E5.jpeg

Very low mileage - 58,849mi - vehicle, that I have owned since it was new. It has always been an “extra” car for us and thus the low miles. It was never used for 4-wheeling. It was garaged until recently. Any small rust spots were fixed before they went beyond the surface. Very clean, all original, even the floor mats. The left front fender was replaced when the original one was damaged by road debris - the same color so it wasn’t repainted. Clean carfax report. No collisions. A detailed Maintenance record is included. Since I wasn’t using it I took the insurance off a couple of years ago, but have started it and maintained it.

It has had normal, very minor issues - nothing associated with the engine, transmission or drive train. It has been maintained in excess of scheduled maintenance requirements. The oxygen sensor and some brake lines rusted and were replaced. A copper contact in the starter solenoid was replaced. The A/C needs to be charged. It doesn’t have a spare tire because I had a set of snow tires on rims that I sold a few years ago.

View attachment 2818907

View attachment 2818908

View attachment 2818909

View attachment 2818910

View attachment 2818907

View attachment 2818908

View attachment 2818909

View attachment 2818910
Here's a few pictures underneath.

IMG_20211002_090739589.jpg

IMG_20211002_090736196.jpg

IMG_20211002_090610948.jpg

This needs a full knuckle rebuild. That is a lot of crud. Yes, bolts will break which means extraction. Just ask the last few of us who rebuilt knuckles in the last 2 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom