1991, an old friend showed up today ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife was driving down the highway when she asked me to look at our instrument cluster. Wow the drive light was on ! It was shining bright for about 20 minutes and was then gone again into the abyss . We started trying to figure out when it was last on... Around the 70,000 mile mark the best we can remember or about 15 years ago. The truck is now approaching 400,000 miles. Why after this much time the light came on is a mystery. Maybe in another 15 years or so it will revisit us. Mike

My wife was driving down the highway when she asked me to look at our instrument cluster. Wow the drive light was on ! It was shining bright for about 20 minutes and was then gone again into the abyss . We started trying to figure out when it was last on... Around the 70,000 mile mark the best we can remember or about 15 years ago. The truck is now approaching 400,000 miles. Why after this much time the light came on is a mystery. Maybe in another 15 years or so it will revisit us. Mike

I vote alien abduction.

When I replaced all the bulbs in mine I left the D light out. It's burned out in everything else I drive except for the wife's cruiser (we replaced it) and it's so damn bright at night. Me hates it

I like my “D” light burnt out too.

But I also like my Alpine single-DIN stereo colormatched - I live in the country where my cluster is dimmed a bit & I’m not into “Vegas strip” -looking stereos with a full light show going.

A haiku for you.

Twenty minute drive
Reunion with an old friend
Basked in a green glow
Well, that doesn't rhyme at all.......

Haiku for those who like it gone:

The broken light lit
Its glowing was a surprise
Darkness is better

:p

Haiku for those who like it gone:

The broken light lit
Its glowing was a surprise
Darkness is better

:p
That doesn't rhyme either!

I don't get
that a Haiku
doesn't rhyme

Mine has always worked except for the one time it didn't. I tapped on the plastic gauge cover and she came right back on. Must have been sleeping. My radio does the same thing occasionally. I just tap on the radio face and it comes back on. There is probably a reason for it, but a well placed tap sets things right. I don't care enough to rip the dash apart again and it seems to work the way I do it, so :meh:

I think a fair number of us with hibernating D lights can bring them back to life with a nice, sharp rap of your palm to the dash right above the instrument cluster. Mine was out for the better part of two decades, I did this a while back and I've had a D light keeping me company ever since. Give it a try!

as long as the truck drives, who needs the light ? :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom