1991 1HDT oil leak from bottom of engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G'day all,

I've got an oil leak from the bottom of my engine block by the looks of it I'm getting quite a low oil gauge pressure reading as well.

Haven't got any sludge in the radiator, there's a very slight white discoloration the exhaust fumes and the engine is chugging along just fine.

Does anyone know what could be the cause?

289004587_1438337203271067_5510487193225140355_n.jpg

Clean it off and watch closely. Looks like front main seal based ton top down streaks.

Also you need to look at your water pump and accessories because you have a belt alignment issue. Maybe look at the harmonic balancer for sheared or cracked rubber.

Get under there with a good degreaser and clean it off good, then look for where is coming from.

Looks pretty wet around the power steering pump / vacuum pump. Could be a bad O ring on one of them.

Also you need to look at your water pump and accessories because you have a belt alignment issue. Maybe look at the harmonic balancer for sheared or cracked rubber.
Alternator pulley alignment. Outer sheave seems misaligned. Could be normal, but sometimes aftermarket sheaves differ from OEM slightly.

Low oil pressure is normal on these engines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom