1991-1992 repair manual differences (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

airon23

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm looking for the repair manual for my 1991 FJ80. From what I think I've read there isn't much difference between 91 and 92 when it comes to these 80s, do I have that right?

Only manuals I've come across are on Ebay, both pretty pricey, but it's something I would like to have for reference.
1991 Manual (eBay)
1992 Manual (eBay)

So my question is what's the difference between these 2 model years as it pertains to the manuals? The 92 is cheaper so should I get that instead of the 91 manual and still be good? Or do I spend the extra because the 91 has specific things the 92 manual won't have?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think there is a difference, i've used a 91 for my 92 for 15 years now and never found an issue.

I'm looking for the repair manual for my 1991 FJ80. From what I think I've read there isn't much difference between 91 and 92 when it comes to these 80s, do I have that right?

Only manuals I've come across are on Ebay, both pretty pricey, but it's something I would like to have for reference.
1991 Manual (eBay)
1992 Manual (eBay)

So my question is what's the difference between these 2 model years as it pertains to the manuals? The 92 is cheaper so should I get that instead of the 91 manual and still be good? Or do I spend the extra because the 91 has specific things the 92 manual won't have?

Thanks in advance.
I believe there is a difference regarding connector EB1 in the engine bay. Other than that, they are the same beast.
I also sell a pdf version of the 91 FSM and EWD along with a host of other goodies for 1 price if you're interested. Link in my signature.

The 1991 will have NCF information as well as A440/HF2A information as 1991 would have been the first year for these units in the 80 series.

1992 won’t have this information.

The 1991 will have NCF information as well as A440/HF2A information as 1991 would have been the first year for these units in the 80 series.

1992 won’t have this information.
Please splain "NCF information".

NCF is New Car Features.

OP, I would absolutely purchase whichever of those manuals is in better condition. They're made from excellent paper and are are no longer available from Toyota Motor Sales USA. I regret selling mine when I sold my FJ80 years ago. I like having PDFs in addition to my OEM manuals, but binary bit-rot is a real thing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom