SOLD 1990 Toyota Land Cruise LJ77: Manual Transmission, Old Man Emu lift, ARB front Bumper, Warn Winch (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Mileage
Color
Red
Outside Link
https://www.uncommonmotorcars.com/inventory/p/lj77
For sale on consignment via the owner of Land Cruiser Heaven South East is this 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser LJ77. This LC is a Spanish-market example that was imported into the US in 2019. The truck is finished in Toyota Medium Red Pearl (3H4) over a matching gray cloth interior and is powered by a 2LT: 2.4L Turbo Diesel inline-four paired with a 5-speed manual transmission. This Land Cruiser has 99,419 miles and is now offered with a clean Florida title.

Additional equipment includes a 2.5” Old Man Emu Suspension, ARB Front Bumper, ARB Lights Vr1, Warn Winch VR-8S, Safari Snorkel, Black 17” Fifteen52 wheels,
BFGoodrich KM2 Mud Terrain T/A tires, and DieHard Marina Silver batteries.

The cabin features cloth and vinyl seats along with a matching dashboard and door panels. Additional amenities include stowable third-row seats, air conditioning, power windows, power locks, dash-mounted altimeter and clinometer, Alpine iLX-W650 7" Mech-Less receiver compatible with Apple CarPlay & Android Auto and One Stone Armrests on the driver and passenger side doors.

The vehicle comes with two keys and the factory manuals from Toyota.

In preparation for sale, the following service was completed

• Oil was changed
  • New oil filter installed
  • New fuel filter installed
  • New light and wiper control knob installed
  • Removed and replaced front thermal wax kit
  • Removed and installed new down pipe seal
  • Replaced A/C switch
  • Removed, painted and reinstalled intake

We have several hundred more photos available upon request or on our site: Uncommon Motor Cars - https://www.uncommonmotorcars.com/

Asking price: $34,000 OBO
  • _CFB5106.jpg
    _CFB5114.jpg
    _CFB5134.jpg
    _CFB5138.jpg
    _CFB5136.jpg
    _CFB5320.jpg
    _CFB5222.jpg
    _CFB5339.jpg

Last edited:
Nice rig! You should put it on Cars & Bids or BAT. One very similar (LHD from the European market) just sold last week.

What is a "thermal wax kit"? Is that like a thermostat?

I'm not sure what you are referring to here.
The fresh undercoating is hiding a significant amount of rust. Clearly evident in picture 196 of the Bringatrailer add 🤷‍♂️ and some of the other pictures as well !

The fresh undercoating is hiding a significant amount of rust. Clearly evident in picture 196 of the Bringatrailer add 🤷‍♂️ and some of the other pictures as well !
You are mistaken. I'm looking at photo 196 and don't know what you are referring to. The truck doesn't have "fresh undercoating" and there is almost no rust beyond insignificant surface rust. We don't cover up imperfections. If anyone is interested in the truck, I encourage you to see it in person as it is a very clean example.

You are mistaken. I'm looking at photo 196 and don't know what you are referring to. The truck doesn't have "fresh undercoating" and there is almost no rust beyond insignificant surface rust. We don't cover up imperfections. If anyone is interested in the truck, I encourage you to see it in person as it is a very clean example.
I'm not mistaken ! but what ever ;)

I'm not mistaken ! but what ever ;)
You're entirely mistaken.
Beautiful truck overall. Look at those inside door bottoms. The frame is superb.
Here, in Canada, we unfortunately know rust big time. We're used to checking out trucks that have so much undercoating, out of necessity. It's a survival skill to know how to dig around the underside of a greasy old truck to find where the frame has thinned out to paper.
The thin skim of treatment that this truck has doesn't hide anything of any concern.
Sorry, but I have to admit to a bias; anyone who lives in Southern California would have virtually zero experience when it comes to the rust-buckets that we restore. Unless you originally grew up in Toronto... :)
It's always best to check out a truck in person of course.
However, if I was interested in buying this Land Cruiser from a distance, I wouldn't hesitate to proceed further towards purchasing it. The "serious rust" issue is non-existent.

Beautiful truck overall. Look at those inside door bottoms. The frame is superb.
Here, in Canada, we unfortunately know rust big time. We're used to checking out trucks that have so much undercoating, out of necessity. It's a survival skill to know how to dig around the underside of a greasy old truck to find where the frame has thinned out to paper.
The thin skim of treatment that this truck has doesn't hide anything of any concern.
Sorry, but I have to admit to a bias; anyone who lives in Southern California would have virtually zero experience when it comes to the rust-buckets that we restore. Unless you originally grew up in Toronto... :)
However, if I was interested in buying this Land Cruiser from a distance, I wouldn't hesitate to proceed further towards purchasing it. The "serious rust" issue is non-existent.
No your mistaken, and I don't live in southern California. I live in Morro Bay that's the beach with a lot of fog and salt air.
Maybe it does not have Toronto rust but it has rust !!!

Thank you MikeyT! Unfortunately, there are a lot of keyboard warriors out there like who like to try and poke holes in someones truck or comment on something they know nothing about. The owner of this truck is the owner of the Land Cruiser specialty and restoration shop, Land Cruiser Heaven South East. To suggest his truck has a "significant amount of rust" is laughable. He wouldn't have bought a truck with rust like that and if he had one, he has the means to correct it. Not to mention, our reputation speaks for itself. If a truck has an issue we disclose it and we don't deal in rusty vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom