For Sale 1990 locked 5spd HDJ81 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad day forsure. Since I took a field service position at work, I dont have the time to give this rig love ( love = driving ). My wife cant drive standard so it doesnt help that it is a 5spd ( main reason for selling / trading ), I thought she could learn but alas...no. We go on lots of road trips and she needs to drive or she will go crazy...making me go crazy.

Heres a quick run through. The truck was imported into Vancouver and spent its first 5 years there, until I moved out to Calgary in October.

Specs/Drivetrain
1990 HDJ81
152xxxkms on the 1hdt, had a compression check done before I bought it numbers were very good. WELL above the minimum spec and even across all cyl. Also checked oil pressure, piping hot oil had 28psi at idle ( if I can remember correctly )
h151f 5spd trans
steering box frame gusset, all 80's sufffer from this weakness
Brand new in the box Gturbo ( Search Gturbo on ih8mud...CRAZY turbo ). Also have a brand new manifold and all gaskets for install, direct from toyota in Japan.
Brand new 100 series front brakes...they are massive
Madman gauges
Big end bearings were done
3" exhaust
Cleanest landcruiser frame I have ever seen, really it is amazing.
ESPAR coolant heater. Heats the coolant to operating temp in an hour.
A box full of new oem parts for the truck

Suspension
TJM 4" coils and shocks
TJM adjustable front and rear panhards
currently sitting on 315/75/16 geolander ice terrains
Will include a set of brand new BFG mt tires if the buyer doesnt beat me down too much. Tires are not yet purchased so they dont have to be bfg's

Body
TJM ( i think ) aluminum bull bar. Warn 8274
Cruisin off road sliders
Swing out tire carrier
This truck has been offroad, so it does have brush rash. BUT, body is in amazing shape
Had the Krown rust inhibitor done prior to winter here.
Safari Snorkel
CB radio
Roof rack

The Bad(ish)
As with most h151f's, it does not like to be power shifted. Shift it with respect and it shifts smooth as butter, shift it hard it lets you know.
Left power folding mirror does not work right ( will try to get a new one )
Drivers seat bolster wearing
It is a 24 year old truck, although it is in amazing shape for being that old... dont expect it to be pristine.

I KNOW I am missing a few things on the list but it is a rough list. It really really sucks that im doing this.

Looking for 17,000$. I spent 15,500 on it less than a year ago. Parts I have added since total well over 8000$ Taking a loss not to mention my time.

6455048929_3403ecc55d_z.jpg

6455075293_aec4927b02_z.jpg

6455084495_1bf924eacc_z.jpg

Last edited:
Glws! Sad to hear you'll probably be cruiser less once again. Bump for a good guy. I bought his last cruiser and it was all he claimed it to be.

Thanks Nate!

BUMP

Photos added. Have many more, just pm me your email
Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Last edited:
I think that's a record for fastest selling HDJ81 recently.... From what I have seen.

Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom