For Sale 1990 HDJ81 With Gturbo Upgrade and Overland Build-SOLD! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm selling my beloved 1990 HDJ81 JDM 80 series Land Cruiser with 1HD-T turbo diesel engine, imported professionally from Land Cruiser Direct in 2015. This truck has been my baby for almost 3 years, but we have decided to move up to a small camper and need a little more towing power. She is well overbuilt for what we use her for unfortunately, but has been a labor of love nun the less.

I purchased her in '15 from Land Cruiser Direct (probably the best Land Cruiser import company in the US) with an original 115K miles or 186KM on the clock. She now has 236KM or 146K miles. She was bone stock minus a crappy lift and really ugly red wheels, which was quickly remedied with OME suspension and stock 96+ 80 series wheels. The interior looked as though it came off a show room in 1990!

She has come through many iterations of rear storage cabinets, suspension, wheels, tires sizes, etc. She currently sits on Dobinson stock height springs, and KYB shocks which to date give her the best ride I have ever had...almost like a Caddy gliding down the road. Tires are 265/75/R16 BFG KO2 (E rated) with less than 2k miles and early Tundra steel wheels.

The birfs were rebuilt 2 summers ago with brand new Koyo wheel bearings, and the bearings repacked last summer. All synthetic diff, transfer case case fluid changed last summer. Synthetic trans fluid changed every other oil change (5K miles). Big End Bearings (BEBs) were replaced when she arrive at Land Cruisers Direct in '15, as well all new hoses.

Installed a Gturbo Grunter turbo upgrade from Australia in Feb 17. The stock turbo is good to 9 PSI, while the Gturbo is factory set at 18 PSI but will output 28 PSI with a boost controller (intercooler needed for anything over the factory 18PSI). This upgrade really made her a new truck and brought her to modern HP/TQ ratings. The estimate power is about 170 HP/380 ft tq (but thats based on the turbo numbers from Australia and not a Dyno).

The timing belt, compression check, valve clearance, and pump timing was done at ACC Customs in Atlanta, GA in January 17 before I installed the Gturbo as a baseline. I have all the docs and everything checked out positive.

Engine temps, boost, EGTs, and trans temp monitoring is done through a Madmann digital monitoring system from South Africa.

These trucks have a mechanical speed input with a speed sensor for the cruise control which fails and there is no replacement part available. Upgraded to a GPS speed output device which allows the cruise to work based on GPS input.

Truck came stock with full float rear axle, center console fridge/freezer (works great), rear disk brakes. All of these minus the fridge, which we never got came in later years of 80 in the US market.

List of mods selling with the truck:

- Front Runner Roof Rack
- ARB Awning
- Front Runner Awning swivel (allows the awning to be moved to the tailgate area if needed)
- ARB air compressor
- CTEK D250S dual battery DC-DC charger controller with MPPT solar input for house battery (to efficiently charge the accessory batter)
- 120AH VMAX tanks house battery for fridge and accessories, USB, LED lighting, Blue Sea Systems switches and fuse panels.
- Victron BMV-700 battery monitoring system with bluetooth
- Parameter LED camp lighting
- Cruiser Phill's flip up rear window mod (removed both rear windows and allows access to cargo area without opening the rear hatch)...have both original glass if you want to replace with the glass
- Orange Boxx Fab rear window accessory holder...access your most used gear, such as first aid, air hoses, etc. (right side)
- ARB external raised diff breather
- ARB Bumper
- Warn XD9000i winch with Southeast Overland synthetic winch line (neither have been used)
- Fridge slide and cabinet (fridge not included) but for reference that is a 57qt SnowMaster dual zone fridge in the pic
- Gturbo turbo upgrade
- Madman digital engine monitoring gauge
- Dobbison stock height springs with KYB shocks (installed about a month ago)
- BFG AT KO2 265/75/R16 with less than 5K miles
- 16" Tundra steel wheels
- Upgraded front brakes to 96+ 80 series calipers/rotors (larger) and 100 series LC pads
- Full Synthetic brake fluid
- Racor fuel water separator with filter (the OEM fuel filter assembly started leaking at the head which is common)

This truck is turn key and nothing mechanical needs to be done except more adventures. Absolutely every thing works flawless. Not a single drop of any fluids. I have driven her nearly coast to coast and just last summer went to Colorado to run the Alpine Loop in the San Juans just north of Durango without a single hiccup. I would not be afraid to hop in and drive it anywhere you pointed the steering wheel.

Asking $25K for everything included in the write up as a turn key solution. I might have missed something so feel free to ask. I also have all the original Toyota FSM repair manuals in digital format. Please feel free to contact me with additional questions. Located in Pinehurst, NC, PM me for further questions or more information.

IMG_0463.jpg

View attachment 1729551

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1822.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

I know this truck well, and it's every bit as good as 100 Series says it is, possibly even better. I've crawled around under it, poked around the engine, and driven it, and it's as good an example of this era and model as I can really imagine existing, and 100 Series's modifications are superb. Soooo clean--undercarriage looks like a one year old car. If you're in the market for one of these, I definitely recommend you check this one out. It's ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom