1990 HDJ81 - Introducing "La Mia Bella Bestia" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Beautiful Beast

Married July 1, 2015 into our loving family living in Chicago. Although a lady never tells; In November she will be a formidable 25 years old with just over 200,00KM (125,000 Miles), her weight is 2380kg (5250 Lb.), definite Sumo. When she was born she was worth $28,000usd about $52,000usd in today’s dollars. Thankfully all the women in the family get along famously which is very important in this type of relationship.

Not that she hasn’t traveled but, she is now the right age to really see the world, presently she has her Green card and will pledge allegiance to the USA and become a full-fledged Citizen on her birthday in November.

She is a healthy HDJ81 VX LTD with a strong 1HDT, she is triple locked, automatic and right handed, Old Man takes care of her heavy stance. Her shoe size is 285/75/16 on 16x8 Pro Comp Steel wheels. Foster parents “Outback Imports” brought her to Canada at 15 and since she has blossomed with aftermarket modes, minor things like the 95 brake upgrade, pin 7 mod, BEB, PITA Hose, extreme valve body, trans cooler, upgraded turbo running 14Lb boost, with 3" all the way through all performed by her Asian uncles at ATEB in Burnaby, BC and regularly looked after by other family members, Toyota.

With the exception of the previously mentioned she is all stock. She likes to play in the snow, with her battery blankets, block heater and pull down shades for her radiator there really is no issue, she stays very warm.

During and since our drive from Vancouver to Chicago we have gotten to know a little about her. She gets about 17.5 MPG city/highway combined, She enjoys long drives in the woods and back country roads, loves rocks and rolling in the mud, and has never stated “IH8MUD.“ :flipoff2: We really love that!! :flipoff2:

We have spent time at the park in Attica Indiana, Badlands. Drove to Tahsis on Vancouver Island with two old friends, should have been three 240 Jordy:bang::slap:. Traveled back roads to see Pictured Rocks in Michigan. And even helped her Japanese cousin a 350Z TT Roadster with a tow back from Louisville Kentucky after a spun bearing in his 900hp ticker prevented him from getting back to Chicago on his own.

Thanks to her previous adopted family she has been relatively low maintenance; All :banana: A couple new yellow batteries, all fluids washed and cleaned, needed some rubber bushings on her rear sway, her steering column needed a rubber seal from water but mostly that’s it. Oh and a full cut polish and wax to pretty her up.

That’s it, keep you updated on the relationship as she goes. And I'm certain i will have some questions for Y'all later.

#lamiabellabestia

Last edited:
As requested.

00a0a_lXEQkOuAoOX_600x450.jpg
A_119.JPG
A_137.JPG
Camping.JPG

Odd you mention that, I am planning on doing the timing belt for next week, hoping the water pump is ok....probably should change it too.

I'm at 194,000 kms, and I can't prove that the timing belt has ever been done.

Odd you mention that, I am planning on doing the timing belt for next week, hoping the water pump is ok....probably should change it too.

I'm at 194,000 kms, and I can't prove that the timing belt has ever been done.

Suggested is water pump and cam seal at 200k. I'm doing the whole lot, will have hopefully, an extra (old) working water pump as a spare for long halls. Remember to reset the warning light which will come on as you round 200Km. Have you researched part #'s?

Last edited:
Nice truck, one of the 1st I've seen in the US so far!

The timing belt is a 100k KM item as I recall..

In order to do the water pump you must remove the timing belt first anyways. I suggest doing the water pump, they are relatively cheap from cruiserparts.net

While you're at it do the thermostat too. I dealt with Radd cruisers to make sure I got the right one

While you're at it do the thermostat too. I dealt with Radd cruisers to make sure I got the right one

What made which one the right one over the others?

I'm running an FZJ t-stat as it starts to open at 82C and is fully open by 95C, part # is 90916-03117. Supposed to help it warm up quicker, but I can't honestly say I noticed any difference on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom