For Sale 1990 FJ62 with 5.3 Vortec (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Located in Charlottesville, VA 22902, 180k miles, $10,999

As with everyone else, it pains me to do this. Family is growing, so the fleet is shrinking.

What we have here is a 1990 FJ62 with a 5.3 vortec with matching auto tranny from an '01 silverado and a 4" lift. The work was done by a professional shop by a PO. It has also spent some time at TLC in it's life with another PO. Includes 4+ front bumper and Manafre rear bumper with spare tire swingout. Truck also has operational hand throttle. The PO installed a sunroof that has since been caulked shut but still allows a nice view, and doesn't leak. The truck will come with a folder of reciepts totaling over $40k and a small box of spares.

This truck is solid, doors sound good when they close and the truck spent it's entire life out West until earlier this year when we moved East, so it is virtually rust free. I installed SOR interior protection but solely to protect the near new looking interior, exception being the head liner could use some love. I have done some upgrade work but mainly baselining and there is some more baselining that needs done, but nothing that would prevent you from driving this truck away from here tomorrow. Since I have owned it the last two years I have put less than 10k miles on it, including getting it East. It's been a project and labor of love I simply dont have time for. I've changed the oil at least 3 times. I take care of my stuff so it lasts. There are a few small dents up front between the hood and the right front quarter panel and it has the typical dash crack but just one. I have also done:
  • Diff oil front and rear
  • Knuckle rebuild
  • Replaced rear brake cylinders
  • Installed Alpine head unit
  • Installed SOR seat foam on drivers side lower
  • Installed SOR seatcovers front and rear
  • Installed SOR rubber cargo protection on cargo floor and seat back
  • SLCFJ62 Headlight upgrade to H4's with added relay
  • Added realy to manage accessories added during swap
  • Installed black FJ steelies (wheels)
  • Other stuff I will add as I think of it...
Wheels and tires in these photos are not current. It's been raining here for a week and I will post up some updated photos once the weather breaks.

DSCN0214.jpg
DSCN0220.jpg

DSCN0225.jpg

DSCN0226.jpg

DSCN0229.jpg

Last edited:
Her under carriage and under the bonnet. I should've cleaned her a little better but you get the idea.

1photo 4.JPG

Yeti4.JPG

photo 22.JPG

What Kind of radiator is that? Custom? Looks to have a steam port, pretty trick.

Thanks

GLWS!

Did I miss the price?

Never mind, right at the title; sweet truck!

Still here and importance of sale is rising. Make me an offer. If no sale truck will be leaving east coast for MT in a couple months, don't wait!

Is 180k miles for the body or engine? Thanks.

180k on the body and chassis. Only about 80 k on the motor. Swap was done at 110k and the motor had about 10 at time of transplant. Sorry I didn't mention that sooner.

180k on the body and chassis. Only about 80 k on the motor. Swap was done at 110k and the motor had about 10 at time of transplant. Sorry I didn't mention that sooner.

Thanks.
Am I seeing that it's been converted to manual trans? How's the MPG compared to the typical 3F?

Thanks.
Am I seeing that it's been converted to manual trans? How's the MPG compared to the typical 3F?

Nope. It's an automatic, just a fancy shifter. I've gotten as high as 19 on hwy road trip but usually more like 16/17 mixed use.

Those enkies look great on my 62. Bump for ya.

Still available? If so please shoot me your email or phone # so we can have a chat. I am on the east coast as well. Thanks, John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom